MS Am 1785.9
Robinson, Monroe Douglas, 1887-1944. Monroe Douglas Robinson family papers, 1822-1921:
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Digital content funded by the Theodore Roosevelt Center at Dickinson State University.
Location: TRC b
Call No.: MS Am 1785.9
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Robinson, Monroe Douglas, 1887-1944.
Title: Monroe Douglas Robinson family papers, 1822-1921 (inclusive) 1887-1921 (bulk).
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Family papers of Monroe Douglas Robinson, son of Douglas Robinsion and Corinne (Roosevelt)
Robinson, younger sister of American president Theodore Roosevelt.
88M-10. Gift of Mrs. Randolph A. Kidder; received: 1988.
Enhanced with digital content by Alison Harris.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Images linked to this finding aid are intended for public access and educational use.
This material is owned or held by the Theodore Roosevelt Collection, Harvard College
Library, and is provided solely for the purpose of teaching or individual research.
Any other use, including commercial reuse, mounting on other systems, or other forms
of redistribution requires permission. Please contact the collection curator.
Monroe Douglas Robinson Family Papers, 1822-1921 (MS Am 1785.9). Thedodore Roosevelt
Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard University.
This collection is part of the Harvard College Library's Theodore Roosevelt Collection.
For context see: Theodore Roosevelt Collection: manuscripts--Roosevelt family papers
Monroe Douglas Robinson was the son of Douglas Robinson and Corinne (Roosevelt) Robinson,
younger sister of American president Theodore Roosevelt.
Organized into the following series:
- A. Letters
- B. Compositions and miscellaneous documents
- C. Printed ephemera
Includes letters from Theodore Roosevelt to Douglas Robinson, and recollections by
Monroe Douglas Robinson of his mother.
- Series: A. Letters
- (1). Novar, Ronald Craufurd Munro-Ferguson, viscount, 1860-1934. T.L. to Henry Cabot Lodge; [Australia] 31 Mar 1919. 1s.(1p.)
Transcript with A.MS. addition by Lodge, and env. addressed by him to Corinne (Roosevelt) Robinson.
- A. Letters
Robinson, Monroe Douglas, 1887-1944. See no.(12).
- Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. 6 letters to Douglas Robinson:
- (10). Wood, Leonard, 1860-1927. T.L.s. with A.MS. addition to Corinne (Roosevelt) Robinson; Chicago, 17 Jun 1920. 1s.(1p.)
- Series: B. Compositions and miscellaneous documents
- (11). Monroe, James, pres. U.S., 1758-1831. A.D.s. to John Coburn; Washington, 29 Mar 1822. 1s.(1p.)
Bank draft; with env. inscribed by Corinne (Robinson) Alsop Cole and engraving of Monroe.
- (12). Robinson, Monroe Douglas, 1887-1944. Mussolini. TS.(carbon copy) with MS. revisions in an unknown hand; [n.p., n.d.]. 25s.(25p.)
Account of an interview with Benito Mussolini, in the form of a letter to Corinne (Roosevelt) Robinson.
- (13). Robinson, Monroe Douglas, 1887-1944. Mother bore her part. TS.(carbon copy); [n.p., n.d.]. 12s.(12p.)
- (14). Robinson, Monroe Douglas, 1887-1944. My mother. TS.(carbon copy); [n.p., n.d.]. 36s.(36p.)
In three parts, originally numbered 12,11,13.
With additional copy.
- Series: C. Printed ephemera
- (15). [Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919]. [Miscellaneous printed material, 1903-1906]. 14 items.
- five invitations to White House receptions addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Robinson and
Mr. and Mrs. Robinson, Jr.;
- two response cards;
- two env.;
- White House reception place card, Corinne (Roosevelt) Robinson, 18 Feb 1909, with signatures of supper companions, and env. annotated by her;
- invitation to presidential inauguration, 4 Mar 1905, with env. and program.
- (16). U.S. Congress. [Invitation to memorial services for Theodore Roosevelt in the House of Representatives, 9 Feb 1919].
Addressed to Monroe Douglas Robinson.
With Address of Senator Henry Cabot Lodge (Washington, 1919), two copies, inscribed respectively to Corinne (Roosevelt) Robinson and Monroe Douglas Robinson.
- (17). Natural History, vol. xix, no. 1, Jan 1919.
Includes "Theodore Roosevelt in memoriam."
- (18). [Program of gala entertainment at the Gaumont Palace, Paris, 31 May 1921].
Annotated by Corinne (Roosevelt) Robinson.
With mounted clipping.
- (19). Lieutenant-Colonel Theodore Roosevelt and his family.
Clipping including photograph from the Outlook, 2 Apr 1919.
- (20). Notes accompanying gift. 1 folders