MS Am 1541.2
Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919. Theodore Roosevelt letters to Ethel Roosevelt Derby,
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Digital content funded by the Theodore Roosevelt Center at Dickinson State University.
Location: TRC b
Call No.: MS Am 1541.2
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
Title: Theodore Roosevelt letters to Ethel Roosevelt Derby, 1884-1919 (inclusive) 1896-1919
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Letters from American president Theodore Roosevelt to his daughter Ethel Carow (Roosevelt)
Derby, wife of physician Richard Derby.
70M-14. Gift of Mrs. Richard Derby; received: 1970.
Enhanced with digital content by Alison Harris
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Images linked to this finding aid are intended for public access and educational use.
This material is owned or held by the Theodore Roosevelt Collection, Harvard College
Library, and is provided solely for the purpose of teaching or individual research.
Any other use, including commercial reuse, mounting on other systems, or other forms
of redistribution requires permission. Please contact the collection curator.
Theodore Roosevelt Letters to Ethel Roosevelt Derby, 1884-1919 (MS Am 1541.2). Houghton
Library, Harvard University.
This collection is part of the Harvard College Library's Theodore Roosevelt Collection.
For context see; Theodore Roosevelt Collection: manuscripts--Theodore Roosevelt papers
For additional letters from Theodore Roosevelt to Ethel Derby see: Theodore Roosevelt
additional correspondence and compositions (HOLLIS: 008850620)
Ethel Carow (Roosevelt) Derby (1891-1977) was the daughter of American president Theodore
Roosevelt and Edith Kermit (Carow) Roosevelt, and wife of physician Richard Derby.
Some correspondence of Richard Derby is also included.
- Derby, Ethel (Roosevelt). 2 A.L.s. to Richard Derby:
- (1). [On train to New York]; 6 Jan 1919. 2s.(5p.) env.
- (2). Oyster Bay; 8 Jan 1919. 3s.(9p.) env.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. 36 letters to Ethel (Roosevelt) Derby:
- Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. 2 letters to Richard H.[enry] Derby:
- Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. 2 letters to Richard Derby:
- Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. 4 letters to Edith Kermit (Carow) Roosevelt:
- (49). Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. 2 printed leaflets.