MS Am 1454.47
Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919. Theodore Roosevelt letters to Dora Watkins, 1868-1909:
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Digital content funded by the Theodore Roosevelt Center at Dickinson State University.
Location: TRC b
Call No.: MS Am 1454.47
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
Title: Theodore Roosevelt letters to Dora Watkins,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.25 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Letters from American president Theodore Roosevelt to his childhood nurse Dora Watkins.
51M-97-51M-98. Gift of the Theodore Roosevelt Association; received: 1951.
Enhanced with digital content by Alison Harris.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Images linked to this finding aid are intended for public access and educational use.
This material is owned or held by the Theodore Roosevelt Collection, Harvard College
Library, and is provided solely for the purpose of teaching or individual research.
Any other use, including commercial reuse, mounting on other systems, or other forms
of redistribution requires permission. Please contact the collection curator.
Theodore Roosevelt Letters to Dora Watkins, 1868-1909 (MS Am 1454.47). Theodore Roosevelt
Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard University.
This collection is part of the Harvard College Library's Theodore Roosevelt Collection.
For context see; Theodore Roosevelt Collection: manuscripts--Theodore Roosevelt papers
Dora Watkins was childhood nurse to American president Theodore Roosevelt.
Letters written chiefly from Roosevelt's childhood summer home in Barrytown, New York;
with additional family letters and associated materials assembled by Watkins.
- (11). Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. A.L.s. to [same]; Albany, 11 Nov, 1899. 1s.(4p.)
Date: 1899. Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. A.L.s. to [same]; Albany, 11 Nov, 1899
- (16). Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. T.L.s. to [Mrs. John] Mott; Nairobi, Africa, 17 Jul 1909. 1s.(1p.)
Date: 1909. Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. T.L.s. to [Mrs. John] Mott; Nairobi, Africa,
17 Jul 1909
On the death of Mrs. Dora Watkins.
With item 13.
- (17). [Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919.] [Two folders of collateral material: photographs, letters by other hands, White House invitations, etc., relating to Theodore Roosevelt
and Dora Watkins, who was his childhood nurse. Included is one of Roosevelt's baby shoes]
- (17a). Cowles, Anna (Roosevelt) 1855-1931 2 letters to Dora Watkins; 1901 & [n.d.]
- (17b). Robinson, Corinne (Roosevelt) 1861-1933 M.L. to [Mrs. John] Mott; [New York, 9 May, 1908] 1s.(2p.) env. (2p.) env.
- (17c). Robinson, Corinne (Roosevelt) 1861-1933 2 letters to Dora Watkins; [1904 & n.d.].
- (17d). Roosevelt, Edith Kermit (Carow) 1861-1948. A.L.s to Dora Watkins; Sagamore Hill [n.d.] 1s.(1p.)
- (17e). Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1888-1919. [Baby Shoe]