Black Women Oral History Project. Biographical Files of the Black Women Oral History
Project, ca.1879-2011: A Finding Aid
Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, Radcliffe
Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Collection stored off site: researchers must request access 36 hours before use.
Call No.: MC 916
Repository: Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, Radcliffe
Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
Creator: Black Women Oral History Project
Title: Biographical files of the Black Women Oral History Project, ca.1879-2011
Quantity: 3.8 linear feet (5 file boxes, 1 oversize box) plus 1 folio folder, 2 folio+ folders, 68 photograph
folders, 1 supersize folder)
Language of materials: Materials in English.
Abstract: Articles, resumes, ephemera, and photographs providing additional biographical information
about women interviewed for the Schlesinger Library's Black Women Oral History Project.
Materials relate to family background, childhood, education, careers, and professional
and voluntary accomplishments.
Accession numbers: 79-M281, 86-M5, 97-M73, 2001-M107, 2012-M194
The Biographical files of the Black Women Oral History Project were transferred to
Schlesinger Library between June 1997 and October 2012 by the Black Women Oral History Project.
Clementine Hunter paintings (#6OB.1-6OB.3) were given to the Black Women Oral History
Project as supplementary material in December 1979 by Thomas Whitehead. Additional Clementine Hunter paintings (#6OB.4-6OB.5) were given to the Black Women
Oral History Project in January 1986 by Robert Ryan.
Processed: March 2017
By: Jehan Sinclair, with assistance from Margaret Dalton.
Access. Collection is open for research.
Copyright. Copyright in the records created by the Black Women Oral History Project
as well as copyright in other records in the collection may be held by their authors,
or the authors' heirs or assigns.
Copying. Records may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
Biographical files of the Black Women Oral History Project, ca.1879-2011; item description,
dates. MC 916, folder #. Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University,
There is related material at the Schlesinger Library; see Interviews of the Black
Women Oral History Project, 1976-1981 (OH-31; T-32
), "The Search for Frances, 1985-1986, n.d." (RA.A/R847
), Papers of Dorothy West, ca.1890-1998 (MC 676; Vt-17
), Papers of Ellen Jackson, 1968, n.d. (A/J12; T-24
), Papers of Julia Hamilton Smith, 1967-1981 (A/S651; 2016-M135
), Papers of Maida Springer Kemp, 1942-1981 (80-M22--82-M159
), Papers of Lucy Miller Mitchell, 1919-1988 (MC 812; Vt-253
), Papers of Ozeline Wise, 1854-1988 (89-M139
), Papers of Deborah Wolfe, 1953-1974 (98-M104
There is related material at the Moorland-Spingarn Research Center at Howard University;
see Flemmie P. Kittrell Papers, 1924-1980 (104-1 to 104-26
), Alice Dunnigan Papers, 1947- 1977 (182-1 to 182-24
) Eva Dykes Papers, 1914-1977 (63-1 to 63-3
), Lena Edwards Papers, 1905-1985 (138-1 to 138-12
), Dorothy Ferebee Papers, 1919-1980 (183-1 to 183-33
), Lois Mailou Jones Papers, 1920-1998 ( 215-1 to 215-80
), Stewart-Flippin Papers, 1852-1974 (97-1 to 97-39
There is related material at the Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University
Center; see Frankie V. Adams Collection, 1931-1979 (0000.0000.0000.0012
), Virginia Lacy Jones Papers, 1912-1985 ( 0000.0000.0000.0068
), Rucker, Aiken, Mollison, Harper Family Papers, 1890-1992 ( 0000.0000.0000.0030
There is related material at the Houston Metropolitan Research Center at the Houston
Public Library; see Christia V. Adair Collection, 1893-1989 (MSS.0109
There is related material at the African American Museum and Library at Oakland; see
Frances Albrier papers, 1895-1987 (MS 108
There is related material at the Margaret Walker Center at Jackson State University;
see Margaret Walker Alexander Personal Papers, 1929-1998 (AF012
There is related material at the University of Pennsylvania Archives and Records Center;
see Sadie Tanner Mossell Alexander Papers, 1817-1985 (UPT 50 A374S
There is related material at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture at
the New York Public Library; see May Edward Chinn Collection, 1926-1980 (Sc MG 93
), Anna Arnold Hedgeman Papers, 1953-1983 (Sc MG 123
), Olivia Pearl Stokes Papers, 1936-1991 (Sc MG 432
There is related material at the Dallas Public Library; see Juanita Craft Collection,
There is related material at the Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book
Library at Emory University; see Alice Allison Dunnigan Papers, 1958-1981 (Manuscript Collection No. 929
There is related material at the Special Collections Division of the University of
Washington Libraries; see Gayton Family Papers, 1920-1969 (0850
), Eliza McCabe Papers, 1909-1967 (1126-001
), Yarbrough Family Papers, 1949-1995 (5263
There is related material in the Sophia Smith Collection at Smith College; see Dorothy
I. Height Papers, 1937-2005 (MS 606
There is related material at the UCLA Library Special Collections; see Miriam Matthews
Papers, 1845-1988 (1804
There is related material at the Library of Congress, Washington DC; see Rosa Parks
Papers, 1866-2006 (MSS85943
), National Urban League Records, 1900-1988 (MSS40774
There is related material at the Archives and Special Collections at Northeastern
University; see Muriel S. and Otto P. Snowden Papers, 1911-1990 (M17
The following items have been removed from the collection and transferred to the Schlesinger
Library books and printed materials collection:
- A. Philip Randolph Educational Fund. Negro Pioneers in the Chicago Labor Movement. n.d.
- California Museum of Afro-American History and Culture. Positive Images. 1983.
- Holmes, Estelle, et al. Here's Zelma. 1971.
- Howard University Gallery of Art. Twentieth Annual Faculty Exhibition 1990: Howard University. 1990.
- Jones, Virginia Lacy. Reminiscences in Librarianship and Library Education. 1979.
- Mckenty, Beth. Faces of Milwaukee: Ardie Halyard. 1978.
- Meridian House International. The World of Lois Mailou Jones. 1990.
- Museum of the National Center of Afro-American Artists. Lois and Pierre: Two Master Artists. 1983.
- Museum of the National Center of Afro-American Artists. Reflective Moments. 1973.
- National Urban League. Ever Widening Horizons. 1951.
- National Urban League. The National Urban League: Yesterday and Today. n.d.
- National Urban League. Negro Heroes: Trues Stories Told in Full Color, No.1. 1947.
- National Urban League. Tomorrow's Scientists and Technicians. 1958.
- National Urban League. Womanpower is Vital to Victory! 1943.
- National Urban League. Working Together for Tomorrow's Jobs. 1952.
- Peters, Russell M. The Wampanoags of Mashpee. 1987.
- Tanneyhill, Ann. From School to Job: Guidance for Minority Youth. 1953.
- Tanneyhill, Ann. Guiding Negro Youth Toward Jobs: The Color Line Series. 1938.
- Tanneyhill, Ann. Program Aids. 1950.
- Tanneyhill, Ann. Program Aids for the Vocational Opportunity Campaign. 1945.
- Tanneyhill, Ann. Vocational Guidance Bibliography. 1940.
- Waddles, Charleszetta. Understanding Self: Self Awareness According to the Holy Scriptures. n.d.
Under the auspices of the Schlesinger Library, the Black Women Oral History Project
interviewed 72 African American women between 1976 and 1981. The project recorded
a cross section of women who had made significant contributions to American society
in the first half of the twentieth century. Many interviewees had professional careers
in fields such as education, government, the arts, business, medicine, law, and social
work. Others combined care for their families with volunteer work at the local, regional,
or national level. During the interviews women discuss childhood, education, family
background, influences affecting their primary career or activity, professional and
voluntary accomplishments, and ways in which being a black woman affected their opportunities.
Additional research information was collected on the backgrounds and histories of
interviewees. This information makes up the biographical files of the project.
The collection is arranged in two series:
- Series I. Biographical Files, 1896-2011, n.d. (#1.1-5.16, 6OB.1-6OB.5, FD.1, F+D.1-F+D.2,
- Series II. Photographs, ca.1879-1992, n.d. (#PD.1-PD.68)
The biographical files of the Black Women Oral History Project consist of research
material collected by the project about the oral history interviewees. The files include
legal agreements, letters, newspaper and magazine articles, book chapters, organization
publications, family trees, resumes, manuscripts, ephemera, posters, Clementine Hunter
paintings, and photographs related to the personal and professional lives or family
history of the oral history interviewees. These materials supplement the oral histories
and offer additional biographical information on interviewees in the form of primary
and secondary documents.
Series I, BIOGRAPHICAL FILES, 1896-2011, n.d. (#1.1-5.16, 6OB.1-6OB.5, FD.1, F+D.1-F+D.2,
SD.1), includes oral history legal agreements, oral history worksheets (lists name
and address of interviewee, interviewer, dates of interview, restrictions, number
of tapes, etc.), brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, newspaper and magazine articles,
family trees, resumes, manuscripts, ephemera, invitations, posters, and awards related
to the personal and professional lives of the oral history interviewees. There are
also five original paintings by Clementine Hunter. These paintings have been digitized
and can be searched through Hollis. There are files for all interviewees except Merze
Tate. This series is arranged alphabetically.
Series II, PHOTOGRAPHS, ca.1879-1992, n.d. (#PD.1-PD.68), includes photographs and
photo negatives of oral history interviewees, their family, and friends. There are
photograph files for all interviewees except Minnie Fisher, Audley Moore, and Merze
Tate. There are very few original photographs; most are copies of originals retained
by the interviewees. Additionally, there are copies made of photographs held by other
archival repositories. Original photographs and negatives include portraits by Judith
Sedwick of many of the interviewees for the 1984 photograph exhibition, Women of Courage.
Most of the photographs in this collection are or will be digitized and available
- Series I. BIOGRAPHICAL FILES, 1896-2011 (#1.1-5.16, 6OB.1-6OB.5, FD.1, F+D.1-F+D.2,
- 1.1. Abbott, Jessie, 1940-1980, n.d.; includes first day issue George Washington Carver
and Booker T. Washington stamps
- 1.2. Adair, Christia, 1972-1991, n.d.
- 1.3. Adams, Frankie, 1977-1980, n.d.
- 1.4. Adams, Kathleen, 1976-1991, n.d.; includes original manuscript of four poems by Kathleen
- 1.5. Albrier, Frances, 1958-1980, n.d.
- 1.6. Alexander, Margaret Walker, 1977-1998
- 1.7. Alexander, Sadie, 1977-1985, n.d.
- 1.8. Barker, Elizabeth Cardozo, 1976-1998, n.d.
- 1.9. Barnett, Etta Moten, 1975-1986, n.d.
- 1.10. Boyd, Norma, 1971-1985, n.d.
- 1.11. Cass, Melnea, 1966-1999
- 1.12. Chinn, May, 1977-1982, n.d.
- 1.13. Craft, Juanita, 1939-1985, n.d.; includes programs for events honoring Juanita Craft's
- 1.14. Dickson, Clara, 1978-1981
- 1.15. Dunnigan, Alice, 1977-1983, n.d.
- 1.16. Duster, Alfreda, 1978-1985, n.d.
- 1.17. Dykes, Eva, 1968-1980, n.d.
- 1.18. Eberhardt, Mae, 1979-1982, n.d.
- 2.1. Edmonds, Florence, 1980-1983, n.d.
- 2.2. Edwards, Lena, 1965-1987, n.d.
- 2.3. Ferebee, Dorothy, 1930-1989, n.d.; includes Southeast House publications
- 2.4. Fisher, Minnie, 1979-1981
- 2.5. Flippin, Katherine, 1896-1990, n.d.; includes early 19th century business cards from
Katherine Flippin's grandmother, Victoria Frances Weir
- 2.6. Gayton, Virginia, 1970-1993
- 2.7. George, Zelma, 1967-1994, n.d.
- 2.8. Grant, Frances, 1964-1982, n.d.
- 2.9. Halyard, Ardie, 1978-1980
- 2.10. Harrison, Pleasant, 1977-1988, n.d.
- 2.11. Hedgeman, Anna Arnold, 1966-2011, n.d.
- 2.12. Height, Dorothy, 1974-2001
- 2.13. Hester, Beulah, 1979-1985, n.d.
- 2.14. Hill, May, 1974-1989
- 2.15. Holmes, Margaret Cardozo, 1977-1980; includes pamphlet about Cardozo Sisters Hairstylists
- 3.1. Hunter, Clementine, 1979-1989, n.d.
- FD.1. Hunter, Clementine art prints, 1979-1989, n.d.; includes six art prints: "Funeral,"
"Uncle Tom's Land," "Wash Day," "Wedding," "Pecan Harvesting"
- 6OB.1. Hunter, Clementine painting: "Aunt Jemima Nursing the Baby," 1981. Oil on canvas board, 9 x 16 inches.
- 6OB.2. Hunter, Clementine painting: "Going Fishing," 1981. Oil on panel, 16 x 14 inches.
- 6OB.3. Hunter, Clementine painting: "Flowers in Red Pot," 1984. Oil on canvas board, 5 x 12 inches.
- 6OB.4. Hunter, Clementine painting: "Black Jesus," n.d. Oil on board, 10 x 18 inches.
- 6OB.5. Hunter, Clementine painting: "Wash Day Scene," n.d. Oil on panel, 24 x 16 inches.
- 3.2. Jackson, Ellen, 1976-1991, n.d.
- 3.3. Johnson, Fidelia, 1976-1985
- 3.4-3.5. Jones, Lois Mailou, 1948-1992, n.d.; includes pamphlets and brochures about Lois Mailou
Jones's art and gallery shows
- 3.6. Jones, Lois Mailou, 1948-1998, n.d.
- F+D.1. Jones, Lois Mailou, 1966-1968
- 3.7. Jones, Susie, 1953-1983
- 3.8. Jones, Virginia, 1953-1988, n.d.
- 3.9. Kelly, Hattie, 1976-1979
- 3.10-4.1. Kemp, Maida, 1954-1981, n.d.; includes transcript of oral history interview with Maida
Kemp conducted by University of Michigan and Wayne State University
- 4.2. Kittrell, Flemmie, 1952-1981, n.d.
- 4.3. Lancaster, Abna, 1978-1990, n.d.
- 4.4. Laurie, Eunice, 1977-1996, n.d.
- 4.5. Lewis, Catherine Cardozo, 1978-1982, n.d.
- 4.6. Lindsay, Inabel, 1977-1989, n.d.
- 4.7. Matthews, Miriam, 1947-1987, n.d.
- 4.8. McCabe, Eliza, 1977-1986, n.d.
- 4.9. Mitchell, Lucy, 1934-1988, n.d.
- 4.10. Mitchell, Lucy, 1952-1991, n.d.
- 4.11. Moore, Audley, 1978-1997, n.d.
- 4.12. Nipson, Annie, 1978
- 4.13. Parks, Rosa, 1978-1995, n.d.
- 4.14. Rucker Sisters, 1977-1986, n.d.
- 4.15. Scott, Esther Mae, 1977-1986, n.d.
- SD.1. Scott, Esther Mae, 1977; includes family tree
- 5.1. Smith, Julia, 1978-1983, n.d.; includes copy of poem written by Julia Smith
- 5.2. Snowden, Muriel, 1963-2000, n.d.; includes Freedom House publications and speeches
given by Muriel Snowden
- 5.3. Stokes, Olivia, 1957-1993, n.d.
- 5.4. Tanneyhill, Ann, 1905-2001, n.d.
- 5.5. Temple, Ruth, 1967-1984
- 5.6. Thomas, Constance, 1977-1981
- 5.7. Thompson, Era Bell, 1978-1987
- 5.8. Thompson, Mary, 1938-1986, n.d.
- 5.9. Usher, Bazoline, 1977-1980
- 5.10. Waddles, Charleszetta, 1966-2001, n.d.
- F+D.2. Waddles, Charleszetta, 1974-1980
- 5.11. West, Dorothy, 1926-1996, n.d.; includes thesis "Conflicted Images: An Introduction
to the Fiction of Dorothy West" by Keiko Morris
- 5.12. Williams, Addie, 1973-1984, n.d.
- SD.1. Williams, Addie, n.d.; includes family tree
- 5.13. Williams, Frances, 1977-1980, n.d.
- 5.14. Wise, Ozeline, 1941-1988, n.d.
- 5.15. Wolfe, Deborah, 1979-1991, n.d.
- 5.16. Yarbrough, Arline, 1977-1980, n.d.
- Series II. PHOTOGRAPHS, ca.1879-1992 (#PD.1-PD.68)
- PD.1. Photographs: Abbott, Jessie, n.d.
- PD.2. Photographs: Adair, Christia, 1977-1979, n.d.
- PD.3. Photographs: Adams, Frankie, n.d.
- PD.4. Photographs: Adams, Kathleen, n.d.
- PD.5. Photographs: Albrier, Frances, 1960, n.d.
- PD.6. Photographs: Alexander, Margaret Walker, n.d.
- PD.7. Photographs: Alexander, Sadie, n.d.
- PD.8. Photographs: Barker, Elizabeth Cardozo, n.d.
- PD.9. Photographs: Barnett, Etta Moten, n.d.
- PD.10. Photographs: Boyd, Norma, 1949-1978, n.d.
- PD.11. Photographs: Cass, Melnea, n.d.
- PD.12. Photographs: Chinn, May, n.d.
- PD.13. Photographs: Craft, Juanita, 1977, n.d.
- PD.14. Photographs: Dickson, Clara, n.d.
- PD.15. Photographs: Dunnigan, Alice, n.d.
- PD.16. Photographs: Duster, Alfreda, 1965, n.d.
- PD.17. Photographs: Dykes, Eva, 1920, n.d.
- PD.18. Photographs: Eberhardt, Mae, n.d.
- PD.19. Photographs: Edmonds, Florence, ca.1975, n.d.
- PD.20. Photographs: Edwards, Lena, 1954-1978, n.d.
- PD.21. Photographs: Ferebee, Dorothy, 1980, n.d.
- PD.22. Photographs: Flippin, Katherine, 1906-1910, n.d.
- PD.23. Photographs: Gayton, Virginia, n.d.
- PD.24. Photographs: George, Zelma, n.d.
- PD.25. Photographs: Grant, Frances, n.d.
- PD.26. Photographs: Halyard, Ardie, n.d.
- PD.27. Photographs: Harrison, Pleasant, n.d.
- PD.28. Photographs: Hedgeman, Anna Arnold, n.d.
- PD.29. Photographs: Height, Dorothy, n.d.
- PD.30. Photographs: Hester, Beulah, 1978, n.d.
- PD.31. Photographs: Hill, May, 1914-ca.1975, n.d.
- PD.32. Photographs: Holmes, Margaret Cardozo, n.d.
- PD.33. Photographs: Hunter, Clementine, 1979
- PD.34. Photographs: Jackson, Ellen, n.d.
- PD.35. Photographs: Johnson, Fidelia, 1978
- PD.36. Photographs: Jones, Lois Mailou, 1976-1992, n.d.
- PD.37. Photographs: Jones, Susie, ca.1940-1980, n.d.
- PD.38. Photographs: Jones, Virginia, n.d.
- PD.39. Photographs: Kelly, Hattie, n.d.
- PD.40. Photographs: Kemp, Maida, 1979, n.d.
- PD.41. Photographs: Kittrell, Flemmie, 1935-ca.1960
- PD.42. Photographs: Lancaster, Abna, n.d.
- PD.43. Photographs: Laurie, Eunice, n.d.
- PD.44. Photographs: Lewis, Catherine Cardozo, n.d.
- PD.45. Photographs: Lindsay, Inabel, n.d.
- PD.46. Photographs: Matthews, Miriam, 1925-1984, n.d.
- PD.47. Photographs: McCabe, Eliza, n.d.
- PD.48. Photographs: Mitchell, Lucy, 1985, n.d.
- PD.49. Photographs: Nipson, Annie
- PD.50. Photographs: Parks, Rosa, ca. 1982
- PD.51. Photographs: Rucker Sisters, 1977
- PD.52. Photographs: Scott, Esther Mae, n.d.
- PD.53. Photographs: Smith, Julia, n.d.
- PD.54. Photographs: Snowden, Muriel, 1984
- PD.55. Photographs: Stokes, Olivia, n.d.
- PD.56. Photographs: Tanneyhill, Ann, n.d.
- PD.57. Photographs: Temple, Ruth, n.d.
- PD.58. Photographs: Thomas, Constance, n.d.
- PD.59. Photographs: Thompson, Era Bell, n.d.
- PD.60. Photographs: Thompson, Mary, 1981, n.d.
- PD.61. Photographs: Usher, Bazoline, n.d
- PD.62. Photographs: Waddles, Charleszetta, n.d.
- PD.63. Photographs: West, Dorothy, 1932-1948
- PD.64. Photographs: Williams, Addie, 1978
- PD.65. Photographs: Williams, Frances, ca.1879-1975, n.d.
- PD.66. Photographs: Wise, Ozeline, 1988, n.d.
- PD.67. Photographs: Wolfe, Deborah, n.d.
- PD.68. Photographs: Yarbrough, Arline, n.d.
African American civil rights workers
African American social workers
African American women
African American women artists
African American women--Education
African American women--Employment
African American women--History
African American women political activists
African American women teachers
Civil rights--United States
United States--Race relations
Abbott, Jessie, 1897-1981
Adair, Christia, 1893-1989
Adams, Franke V., 1902-1979
Adams, Kathleen Redding, 1890-1993
Aiken, Lucy Rucker, 1898-1992
Albrier, Frances Mary, 1898-1987
Walker, Margaret, 1915-1998
Alexander, Sadie Tanner Mossell, 1898-1989
Barker, Elizabeth, 1900-1981
Barnett, Etta Moten, 1901-2004
Boyd, Norma E., 1888-1985
Carver, George Washington, 1864?-1943
Cass, Melnea A. (Melnea Agnes), 1896-1978
Chinn, May Edward, 1896-1980
Craft, Juanita Jewel, 1902-1985
Dickson, Clara, 1900-1981
Dunnigan, Alice Allison, 1906-1983
Duster, Alfreda, 1904-1983
Dykes, Eva Beatrice, 1893-1986
Eberhardt, Mae Massie, 1915-2007
Edmonds, Florence Jacobs, 1890-1983
Edwards-Madison, Lena Frances
Ferebee, Dorothy Boulding, 1898?-1980
Fisher, Minnie L. (Minnie Lucinda), 1896-1990
Flippin, Katherine Stewart, 1906-1996
Gayton, Virginia Clark, 1902-1993
George, Zelma, 1903-1994
Grant, Frances O. (Frances Olivia), 1895-1982
Halyard, Ardie Clark, 1898-1989
Harper, Neddie Rucker, 1897-1992
Harrison, Pleasant, 1915-2002
Hedgeman, Anna Arnold, 1899-1990
Height, Dorothy I. (Dorothy Irene), 1912-2010
Hester, Beulah S. (Beulah Shepard), 1893-1981
Hill, May Edwards, 1896-1985
Holmes, Margaret, 1898-1991
Hunter, Clementine, 1885-1988
Jackson, Ellen, 1935-2005
Johnson, Fidelia, 1905-1996
Jones, Lois Mailou, 1905-1998
Jones, Susie, 1892-1984
Jones, Virginia Lacy, 1912-1984
Kelly, Hattie Simmons, 1896-1968
Kemp, Maida Springer, 1910-2005
Kittrell, Flemmie P. (Flemmie Pansy), 1904-1980
Lancaster, Abna Aggrey, 1907-1997
Laurie, Eunice Rivers, 1899-1986
Lewis, Catherine Cardozo
Lindsay, Inabel Burns, 1900-1983
McCabe, Eliza, 1886-1985
Matthews, Miriam, 1905-2003
Mitchell, Lucy Miller, 1899-2002
Moore, Audley, 1898-1997
Nipson, Annie M. (Annie Mae), 1884-1986
Parks, Rosa, 1913-2005
Rucker, Hazel, 1899-1982
Scott, Esther Mae, 1893-1979
Smith, Julia Hamilton, 1885-1980
Snowden, Murial S. (Muriel Sutherland), 1916-1988
Stokes, Olivia Pearl, 1916-2002
Tanneyhill, Ann, 1906-2001
Temple, Ruth Janetta, 1892-1984
Thomas, Constance Pitter
Thompson, Era Bell, 1905-1986
Thompson, Mary C. (Mary Crutchfield), 1902-1985
Usher, Bazoline, 1885-1992
Waddles, Charleszetta, 1912-2001
West, Dorothy, 1907-1998
Williams, Addie Luck, 1874-1982
Williams, Frances H., 1898-1992
Wise, Ozeline, 1902-1988
Wolfe, Deborah, 1916-2004
Yarbrough, Arline J., 1912-1999