Moving Violations Motorcycle Club. Records of the Moving Violations Motorcycle Club,
1985-2003: A Container List
Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, Radcliffe
Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: 2008-M34
Repository: Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, Radcliffe
Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
Creator: Moving Violations Motorcycle Club
Title: Records of the Moving Violations Motorcycle Club, 1985-2003
Quantity: 3.58 linear feet (2 file box, 2 folio+ boxes) plus 1 photograph CD, 2 DVDs, electronic records)
Language of materials: Materials in English.
Abstract: Addenda to the records of the Moving Violations Motorcycle Club, a group of Boston-area
women who enjoyed riding together and sharing information about motorcycling
Accession number: 2008-M34
These addenda to the records of the Moving Violations Motorcycle Club were given to
the Schlesinger Library by Peggy Harrigan in February 2008.
Container list: February 2008
By: Peggy Harrigan
Access. Readers must sign a special permission form to use the collection. An appointment
is necessary to use any audiovisual material.
Copyright. Copyright in the records created by the Moving Violations Motorcycle Club
is held by the President and Fellows of Harvard College for the Schlesinger Library.
Copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors'
heirs or assigns.
Copying. Records may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Records, 1985-2003; item description, dates. 2008-M34,
box #. Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
The Moving Violations Motorcycle Club was founded in 1985 by a small group of Boston-area
women who enjoyed riding together and sharing information about motorcycling. The
club sponsors maintenance clinics and safety courses, and members participate in parades,
feminist fund-raisers, camping trips, and group rides. A newsletter, later named The
Summons, has been published regularly since 1985.
Addenda includes t-shirts, coffee mugs, photographs, pins, etc. Moving Violations'
web site is being captured periodically as part of Harvard University Library's Web
Archive Collection service (WAX); searchable archived versions of the web site will
be available through this finding aid in 2010.
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club black ceramic mug
- 2 Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Rub-on tattoos
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club pin-logo design by club member Robin Romaine
- Pony Express Charity Pin-logo design by club member Peg Harrigan
- 2 Pony Express 2003 Brochures designed by Ellen Hardy with photographs by Peg Harrigan,
logo by Peg Harrigan
- Hard Rock Cafe/Pony Express pin design by club member, Peg Harrigan
- 1 BLACK AND WHITE Photographic Album of Club's 1996/1998 participation in the Pony
Express charity rides-copyrighted Photographs by Peg Harrigan 1996/1998.
Conditions Governing Use: RESTRICTED USE All black and white photographs are copyright of Peg Harrigan, Club
Member. Not to be reproduced or photographed without written permission by Peg Harrigan,
P.O. Box 577, Wiscasset, Me 04578.
- Pink Pony Express Rider Bandana
- White Pony Express Supporter Bandana
- Pink Pony Express Rider Do-Rag
- Check Twice Club Bumper Sticker
- Pony Express Bumper Sticker
- Levis Jeans Jacket with Club Colors on Back. Club colors designed by Robin Romaine
- Journey of Hope publication by the Women's Motorcyclist Foundation and the American
Motorcyclist Foundation Charity Ride started by club members, Suzanne Slate and Virginia
- Black Club Colors T-shirt, circa 1980ss
- Blue P-Town Run t-shirt 1989
- Modern Day Cowgirl T-shirt 1996 Pony Express Rides
- Pony Express Rides 1998 T-shirt with staff members depicted, photograph by Peg Harrigan
- Pony Express Rides 2000 Round-Up t-shirt
- Pony Express Rides 2000 Round up staff t-shirt
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club logo white polo
- Pink Moving Violations Motorcycle Club 5th Anniversary Shirt
- Off-White Pony Express Rides 2000 t-shirt, off-white with map
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Pride 1992 t-shirt blue
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Pride 1991 t-shirt green
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Leader of the Pack T-shirt gray circa 1996
- First Benefit run t-shirt for Respond 1986 white
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Lioness Run 1987 blue t-shirt
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Benefit run t-shirt for Mass Coalition of Battered
women 1988, white
- Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Take it slow and Keep it tight shorts
- 20th Moving Violations Motorcycle Club Anniversary patch
- Recent CD of photographs 1 DVD with
- 2 short films by Peg Harrigan (club member) The Pony Express Rides and The Power of
Conditions Governing Use: RESTRICTED USE. Not to be copied or played for a public presentation without writing
permission by Peg Harrigan, P.O. Box 577, Wiscasset, ME 04578
- 3 CDs of photographs, newsletters, website and other documents 2004-2006 from Melissa
Stockbridge, Club Member
Boston (Mass.)--Social life and customs--20th century
Women motorcyclists--United States
Women--Societies and clubs
Women's Motorcyclist Foundation