RG XX, Series 7 and 14
Radcliffe College Archives motion picture and videotape collection, 1929-1985: A Finding
Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, Radcliffe
Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Processing of this collection was made possible by a gift from the Franklin P. Holzman
Call No.: RG XX, Series 7 and 14
Repository: Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, Radcliffe
Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
Title: Radcliffe College Archives motion picture and videotape collection, 1929-1985
Quantity: 25 linear feet (25 cartons) plus 7 oversize reels)
Language of materials: Materials in English.
Abstract: Collection of motion picture films about Radcliffe students and student life, college
programs, Harvard faculty, Radcliffe officers, and conferences.
Processed: November 2007
By: Amanda Schmidt
Updated and additional materials added: May 2017
By: Joanne Donovan with research assistance by Elizabeth Garcia
Access. Collection is open for research. The majority of the collection was reformatted
in 2016 and is available streaming. Access to remaining materials requires an appointment.
Copyright. Copyright in motion pictures and videotapes created by Radcliffe College
is held by the President and Fellows of Harvard College for the Schlesinger Library.
Copyright in other motion pictures and videotapes in the collection may be held by
their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns.
Copying. motion pictures and videotapes may be copied in accordance with the library's
Radcliffe College Archives motion picture and videotape collection, 1929-1985; item
description, dates. RG XX, Series #, item #. Radcliffe College Archives, Schlesinger
Library, Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
There is related material at the Schlesinger Library; see Radcliffe College Archives
sound recordings collection, 1951-2008 (RG XX, Series 8-9
Composite collection of motion picture films (8, 16 and 35 mm) and videotapes, in
color and black and white, about Radcliffe students and student life, college programs,
Harvard faculty, Radclifffe officers, and conferences. More information can be found
about many of the films, specifically the Appointment Bureau Nursery Playgroup and
the fundraising films, in the Radcliffe Quarterly.
- Series 7. Motion Pictures
- RA.MP-5.1. Appointment Bureau Nursery Playgroup, summer 1941. 240 feet, 16 mm, silent, black and white reversal
- RA.MP-6. Radcliffe College Semi-centennial, 1929. ca.1000 feet, 35 mm, silent, black and white tinted SAFETY stock Agfa and Kodak,
some tinted yellow. Emulsion scratched throughout. Radcliffe College Semi-centennial, 1929
Scope and Contents: Includes footage of Sanders Theatre, Lou Henry Hoover, Ada Louise Comstock, A. Lawrence
- RA.MP-9. Radcliffe College, ca. 1940, students in the library, at graduation, in class. 130 feet, 16 mm, silent, color Kodak film stock
- RA.MP-13. Radcliffe Now, 1968. 573 feet, 16 mm, sound, color. Print made 1969. Color faded to red, scratches. Radcliffe Now, 1968
Scope and Contents: Still images of campus scenes, student life, and commencement with music and voice
overs by Radcliffe students and professors regarding their thoughts on Radcliffe College.
Some discussion of co-education, the merger with Harvard, radical thought and protest
on campus and the benefits of Radcliffe Institute. Credits in include speakers, photographers
and music. A production of Radcliffe News Office
- RA.MP-18. After Dinner with Prof. Jerome Kagan, WGBH-TV. 1057 feet, 16mm, sound, black and white. Agfa stock, variable area soundtrack After Dinner with Prof. Jerome Kagan, WGBH-TV
Scope and Contents: Part of a series on New England colleges includes discussion of student-administration
relationship, gender roles, gender discrimination, etc.
- RA.MP-19. Experience, ca. 1971, undergraduate thesis by Rob Cohen '71 and Michael Williams '71. 1360 feet, 16 mm, sound, black and white. 1969 film stock Experience, ca. 1971
- RA.MP-21.1. Matina Horner: Radcliffe's Sixth President, 1973, Claudia Weill and Joyce Chopra, Phoenix Films.
Duplicate of RA.MP-20.1 with different title. Two copies
- RA.MP-22. 10 unidentified reels of B.F. Skinner's pigeon project.
Deaccessioned and sent to Harvard Film Archive for inclusion in B.F. Skinner Collection
- RA.MP-27o. Joyce at 34, by Joyce Chopra's. 1050 feet, 16mm, variable area sound, color
Scope and Contents: Film about Matina Horner. Photography: Claudia Weill, sound: Polly Guggenheim, Anne
Lewis, Miriam Weinstein
- RA.MP-29. The Radcliffe Crew, 1972. 375 feet, 16mm ektachrome reversal print, sound, color and black and white
Duplicate copy of RA.MP-23
- RA.MP-31. Let's Talk about $10 Million, ca. 1959. 26 filmstrips
Possibly duplicate of RA.MP-30.1-2
- RA.MP-32. Class of 1912, 25th Reunion, ca. 1937. 350 feet, 8mm, silent, color. Kodachrome 1938 film stock.
Universities and colleges--Pictorial works
Radcliffe College--Anniversaries, etc.
Radcliffe College. Class of 1932
Radcliffe College--Pictorial works
Radcliffe College. Women in the Community