OASIS: Online Archival Search Information System
|http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:RAD.SCHL:sch01080View HOLLIS Record
Questions or Comments Copyright Statement
On July 16, 2018, OASIS will retire. It will be replaced by HOLLIS for Archival Discovery. Please explore.
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: SC 8
Repository: Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
Creator: Marian Blackall Miller
Title: Scrapbooks of Marian Blackall Miller, 1907-1929
Quantity: 2.33 linear feet (1 folio box, 1 folio+ box)
Language of materials: Materials in English.
Abstract: Scrapbooks, programs, photographs, etc., of Marian Blackall Miller, Radcliffe College Class of 1911.
Marian Blackall Miller was born in 1887? and received her A.B. from Radcliffe in 1911. After graduation, she studied at Royal University in Rome and at the School for Social Workers in Boston. In 1915 she married Hans William Miller. In later years she described herself as "housewife and merchant." She was a member of many organizations in Concord, Massachusetts, where she and her husband settled, and was very active in class affairs, serving as permanent secretary and chairing the Class's 60th reunion. She also served as alumna trustee of the College.
Collection consists of Marian Blackall Miller's scrapbooks: one from her college years including correspondence, programs, invitations, examinations, photographs, etc., 1907-1911; the other pertaining to the semi-centennial of Radcliffe College, 1929.
- Alumnae Association, Reminiscent Show, 1911, program, 113
- Baccalaureate Service, 1911: program, 120
- Baccalaureate Service, 1911: clipping, Boston Post: Bishop Lawrence advises praduates "to stay at their own firesides," 122
- Basketball, photographs, 101.
- Briggs, Le Baron Russell, "Programme for the Inauguration of the President," 1909, 69
- Cambridge Latin School Club: "Mollentrave on Women", photograph 1910, 131.
- Class Day, 1911, program, 113
- Correspondence, autograph letter, signed Aunt Avis to Marian Blackall, 1911, re Aunt Avis" desire to "study medicine" and the advice she received from Marian Blackall's grandfather, 115.
- Dramatics, unidentified photographs, n.d., 47, 60, 89.
- Exam questions and answers, 1907-1908, 145
- Holden, Ruth '11, photograph, 125
- Idler Club: "Welcome", n.d. 40
- Idler Club: "The Progress of Mrs. Alexander", 1910 photographs, 5
- Idler Club: Speech to Idler, by Marian Blackall, 1910, 99
- Operetta, 1910 unidentified photographs, 60
- Alumnae celebrations, 7, 10-17, 27-32
- Briggs, LeBaron Russell, 15,25
- Canfield, Grace Rebecca, 30
- Choral concert, 7
- Clarke, Annie Barber, 30
- Comstock, Ada Louise, 18, 24, 29
- Everett, Emilie, 19,21
- Hoover, Lou Henry, 9-11, 13, 19, 20, 22-24, 26-29
- Lee, Mary, 32
- MacDuffie, Abby Parsons, 30
- Invitations and programs, scattered
- Typed letters, signed, Ada Louise Comstock to Marian Blackall Miller , June 1929: 30