OASIS: Online Archival Search Information System
|http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:RAD.SCHL:sch00776View HOLLIS Record
Questions or Comments Copyright Statement
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: SC 25
Repository: Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
Creator: Marjorie Hurd, 1887-1977
Title: Papers of Marjorie Hurd, 1905-1910
Quantity: 2.13 linear feet (1/2 file box, 2 folio boxes)
Language of materials: Materials in English.
Abstract: Scrapbooks of Marjorie Hurd, Radcliffe College Class of 1908.
Photographs have been removed to RG XX, series 1, Class of 1903, Class of 1908, Class of 1910.
Marjorie Hurd, class of 1908, Phi Beta Kappa, attended the Cambridge Law School for Women (1915-1917) and worked briefly in two different law offices. She the spent thirty-five years (1920-1955) as a staff attorney for the Boston Legal Aid Society.Hurd was a mountain climber, life member of the Appalachian Mountain Club and a white water canoeist. She was active in Cambridge civic affairs and was a member of the Cambridge Civic Association and the League of Women Voters.Hurd gave long-term service to Radcliffe, was secretary of her class at the time of her death and regularly attended Radcliffe events.
The collection consists of two scrapbooks with diary entries, photographs, printed cards, programs, tickets, exams and correspondence; also included are two folders of manuscript and printed invitations and letters. The collection is indexed in two separate lists, the first for manuscript and printed material, the second for photographs.
- Alumnae Association, programs 1905-07, of Gilbert and Sullivan shows to benefit the Radcliffe Library, 1v: 30, 77; 2v: 157
- Cambridge Latin School Club, programs, 1v: 28; 2v: 176
- Cercle Francais, Le, program, 2v: 118
- Emmanuel Club, programs 1v: 11, 79; 2v: 156
- English Club, programs 1v: 44; 2v: 136, 182
- Exams, 1v: 17-19, 46, 51, 54, 55, 85, 86, 88, 94
- Exams, 2v: 113, 121, 124, 134, 139, 141, 158, 159, 160
- Gymnastics, clippings 2v: 120
- Idler Club, programs, 1v: 1, 33, 93; 2v: 118, 179
- Radcliffe, history and description, clippings, 1v: 71
- As You Like It, 1v: 93
- Basketball, 1v: 39, 127; v2: 102
- Bertram Hall, 1v: 108; 2v: 101, 184
- Classmates, v2: 105
- Comus, v2: 182
- Outings, 1v: 42; 2v: 110, 145