OASIS: Online Archival Search Information System
|http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:HLS.Libr:law00216View HOLLIS Record
Questions or Comments Copyright Statement
On July 16, 2018, OASIS will retire. It will be replaced by HOLLIS for Archival Discovery. Please explore.
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: HOLLIS 9542156
Repository: Harvard Law School Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Sprecher, Drexel A., 1913-2006
Title: Drexel A. Sprecher Research Materials for Inside the Nuremburg Trial: A Prosecutor's Comprehensive Account
Quantity: 35 boxes
Language of materials: English
Abstract: Contains materials relating to Sprecher's book entitled, Inside the Nuremberg Trial: A Prosecutor's Comprehensive Account.
- 1913 Born in Independence,Wisconsin
- 1934 B.A., University of Wisconsin
- 1938 J.D., Harvard Law School
- 1938-1942 Attorney,National Labor Relations Board
- 1945-1949 Counsel, Officeof the U.S. Chief Counsel for War Crimes
- 1949-1951Editor: Trials of the War Criminals before the Nuremberg Military Tribunals
- 1952-1956 Legal Practice
- 1956Director, Small Business Division, Democratic NationalCommittee
- 1957-1960 Deputy Chairman for PoliticalOrganization, Democratic National Committee
- 1960-1973Consultant, Leadership Resources, Inc.
Materials from this collection are maintained as one alphabetical series which reflects Sprecher's original file arrangement.
This collection of 35 boxes of research materials, "Nuremberg Notes"(NN), of Drexel A. Sprecher relates to his two volume book, Inside the Nuremberg Trial: A Prosecutor's Comprehensive Account (University Press of America, 1999). Materials include newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, and chapter drafts from October 18, 1945 through December 12, 2000.
- Nuremberg Trial of MajorGerman War Criminals, Nuremberg, Germany, 1945-1946
- Warcrime trials -- Germany -- Nuremberg