Surrey, Stanley S. Notes and Materials from the Committee on Educational Planning
and Development, 1978-1981: Finding Aid.
Harvard Law School Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard Law School
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: HOLLIS 9055925
Repository: Harvard Law School Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Surrey, Stanley S.
Title: Stanley S. Surrey notes and materials from the Committee on Educational Planning and
Quantity: 1 boxes
Language of materials: English
Abstract: The memoranda and notes of Surrey concerning the Committee on Educational Planning
and Development, also known as the Michelman Committee after its chairman, Frank I.
Transferred by Stanley S. Surrey, 1981(?).
Processed by Anne Ramsay, 2002.
Access to these papers is governed by the rules and regulations of the Harvard Law
School Library. This collection is open to the public, but is housed off-site at Harvard
Depository and requires 2 business-day advance notice for retrieval. Consult the Special
Collections staff for further information.
The Harvard Law School Library holds copyright on some, but not all, of the material
in our collections. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection
should be directed to the Special Collections staff. Researchers who obtain permission
to publish from the Harvard Law School Library are also responsible for identifying
and contacting the persons or organizations who hold copyright.
This collection consists of the memoranda and notes of Stanley S. Surrey concerning
the Harvard Law School Committee on Educational Planning and Development, also known
as the Michelman Committee due to its chairman, Frank I. Michelman. The total inclusion
dates are 1978-1981.
- Box 1 - FolderNotes and Materials from the Committee on Educational Planning and Development, 1978-1981
- 1-1. Memorandum to the faculty from Michelman Attachment: Report of the Ad Hoc Committee
on a Legal Services Institute, 21 Sept. 1978-29 Sept. 1978.
- 1-2. Memorandum to the faculty from Sacks, 31 Oct. 1978.
- 1-3. Memorandum to the faculty from Michelman, 9 Nov. 1978.
- 1-4. Harvard Gazette article "Legal Institute Reaches out from Class to Community," 28
- 1-5. Information about the Legal Services Institute, 1979-1980.
- 1-6. Memorandum from Upton, 14 Nov. 1979.
- 1-7. Memorandum from Kettleson , 21 Nov. 1979.
- 1-8. Memorandum from Upton with attachments, 26 Nov. 1979.
- 1-9. Surrey's notes, 30 Nov. 1979.
- 1-10. Application materials, drafts, 5 Dec. 1979.
- 1-11. Invitation to apply, draft, 6 Dec. 1979.
- 1-12. Surrey's notes, undated, [c.1979-1980].
- 1-13. Report of the Legal Services Institute for 1979, 31 Jan. 1980.
- 1-14. Memorandum Re: Joint Committee Activities, 5 Feb. 1980.
- 1-15. Application materials, 1980.
- 1-16. Memorandum from Kettleson to the Joint Committee, 5 Feb. 1980.
- 1-17. Memorandum from Kettleson Re: Student Applications, 6 Feb. 1980.
- 1-18. Materials relating to meeting on 28 Oct 1980, 24 Sept.1980-28 Oct. 1980.
- 1-19. Materials relating to meeting on 29 Oct. 1980, 27 Oct. 1980-29 Oct. 1980.
- 1-20. Notes from committee meeting on 28 Oct. 1980, 4 Nov. 1980.
- 1-21. Application materials, Harvard/Northeastern, 1981-1982.
- 1-22. Application materials, other, 1981-1982.
- 1-23. Materials relating to meeting, 4 Dec. 1980.
- 1-24. Issues for evaluation, Dec. 1980.
- 1-25. Surrey's notes, Feb. 1981.
- 1-26. Memorandum from Nesson, 26 Feb. 1981.
- 1-27. Memorandum from Vorenberg, 26 Feb. 1981.
- 1-28. Memorandum from Nesson, 16 Sept. 1981.
Harvard Law School.
Law --Study and teaching.
Kettleson, Jeanne Charn, 1944-.
Michelman, Frank I., 1936-
Nesson, Charles R.
Surrey, Stanley S.
Upton, Mary Davis.