Shapiro, David L. Materials for Legal Methods Course, 1988-1989: Finding Aid.
Harvard Law School Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard Law School
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: HOLLIS 3492699
Repository: Harvard Law School Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Shapiro, David L., 1932-
Title: Materials for Legal Methods Course, 1988-1989
Quantity: 1 boxes
Abstract: Copies of materials used in the 1988 academic year for the Legal Methods program,
a first year requirement at the Harvard Law School.
Transferred by David Shapiro, 20 Sept. 1993.
Processed by Anne Ramsay, 2002.
Access to these papers is governed by the rules and regulations of the Harvard Law
School Library. This collection is open to the public, but is housed off-site at Harvard
Depository and requires 2 business-day advance notice for retrieval. Consult the Special
Collections staff for further information.
The Harvard Law School Library holds copyright on some, but not all, of the material
in our collections. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection
should be directed to the Special Collections staff. Researchers who obtain permission
to publish from the Harvard Law School Library are also responsible for identifying
and contacting the persons or organizations who hold copyright.
Accompanying these course materials is a memorandum from David Shapiro concerning
the deposition of the papers at the Harvard Law School Library. Also included is a
collection of memoranda from Shapiro and Albert Sacks to the Legal Methods instructors.
These memos describe the principle features of the Legal Methods program and outline
the details of the course.
- Box 1 - FolderMaterials for Legal Methods Course, 1988-1989
- 1-1. Shapiro memorandum to the HLS Library.
- 1-2. Memo to the Legal Methods instructors, weeks 1-5.
- 1-3. Memo to the Legal Methods instructors, weeks 6-10.
- 1-4. Introductory materials.
- 1-5. Materials for week 2.
- 1-8. Case 5A, plaintiff's materials.
- 1-9. Case 5A, defendant's materials.
- 1-10. Case 5A, Dana Shore-Lovejoy's materials.
- 1-11. Excerpts from the brief for the NY Times in New York Times v. U.S.
- 1-12. Case 7A, plaintiff's materials.
- 1-13. Case 7A, defendant's materials.
- 1-15. Introductory note on citations.
- 1-16. Memo to Legal Methods instructors, weeks 1-5.
- 1-17. Memo to Legal Methods teachers in sections I, III, IV.
- 1-18. Outline for first LRT lecture.
- 1-19. Memo to instructors Re: week 3 (first LRT exercise).
- 1-20. Legal Research Training- Part I, materials for first lecture.
- 1-21. Legal Research Training- Part I, materials for discussion.
- 1-22. Legal Research Training- Part II, first session.
- 1-23. Legal Research Training- Part II, second session.
- 1-24. Legal Research Training- Part II, third session.
Education --Law and legislation.
Shapiro, David L., 1932-