Smith, David N. (David Nathan). Materials relating to the Government of Liberia's
Concessions Policy, April 1967-June 1969: Finding Aid.
Harvard Law School Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard Law School
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: HOLLIS 595163
Repository: Harvard Law School Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Smith, David N.
Title: David N. (David Nathan) Smith materials relating to the Government of Liberia's Concessions
Quantity: 1 boxes
Language of materials: English
Abstract: Reports, memos, briefs and correspondence relating to the government of Liberia's
Contact Curator of Modern Manuscripts and Archives.
Processed by Anne Ramsay, 2002.
Access to these papers is governed by the rules and regulations of the Harvard Law
School Library. This collection is open to the public, but is housed off-site at Harvard
Depository and requires 2 business-day advance notice for retrieval. Consult the Special
Collections staff for further information.
The Harvard Law School Library holds copyright on some, but not all, of the material
in our collections. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection
should be directed to the Special Collections staff. Researchers who obtain permission
to publish from the Harvard Law School Library are also responsible for identifying
and contacting the persons or organizations who hold copyright.
These materials were produced by David N. Smith, Raymond Vernon, and Louis T. Wells;
members of the Harvard Advisory Group.
- Box 1 - FolderMaterials relating to the Government of Liberia's Concessions Policy, April 1967-June
- 1-1. Proposed Program on the Government of Liberia's Concessions Policy, 5 April 1967.
- 1-2. Memo Re: Progress Report on Government of Liberia Concessions Study, 13 Oct 1967.
- 1-3. Vernon Draft Memorandum.
- 1-4. Vernon Draft Memorandum (copies).
- 1-5. Liberian Concession Agreement Study Short-Term Tasks, 25 April 1967.
- 1-6. Memo Re: A Proposed Program on Liberia's Concession Policy, 5 April 1967.
- 1-7. Background Brief: Result of the Concessions Study to Date, Draft.
- 1-8. Background Brief: Result of the Concessions Study to Date, Draft (copy).
- 1-9. Proposed Concession Policy.
- 1-10. Memo Re: Progress Report and Preliminary Recommendations, 20 Oct 1967.
- 1-11. Report and Recommendations of the Seminar on Concessions Policy and Administration,
21 March 1968.
- 1-12. Report and Recommendations, draft with cover letter from Batchelder, 28 March 1968.
- 1-13. Report and Recommendations, proposed draft, 4 April 1968.
- 1-14. Letter from Hollinger Re: Draft Mining Law, 9 Feb 1968.
- 1-15. Letter from Smith to Hollinger Re: Draft Law of Mines, 1 May 1968.
- 1-16. Comments on Draft Law of Mines.
- 1-17. Reports to Government of Liberia, 5 June 1969.
Smith, David N. (David Nathan).
Vernon, Raymond, 1913-
Wells, Louis T.