[OASIS] Harvard University Library
OASIS: Online Archival Search Information System
http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:HUL.ARCH:hua30013View HOLLIS Record   Frames Version
Questions or Comments   Copyright Statement
UAV 605.295.23

Harvard University. Harvard University News Office photographs: campus exteriors taken by Walter R. Fleischer, approximately 1950 : an inventory

Harvard University Archives

[link]


Harvard University

© President and Fellows of Harvard College

Descriptive Summary

Call No.: UAV 605.295.23
Repository: Harvard University Archives
Creator: Harvard University. News Office
Title: Harvard University News Office photographs: campus exteriors taken by Walter R. Fleischer, approximately 1950
Date(s): 1950
Quantity: 1 collection (0.6 cubic foot (1 portfolio box)
Quantity: 37 photoprints: black and white
Abstract: The Harvard University News Office was established in 1919. The first photographer was hired in 1943. Photographs depict the Harvard campus, chiefly building exteriors and student life on campus. Locations include Harvard Yard, the Charles River, the Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School. The group of photographs includes an aerial photograph.

Acquisition Information:

Transferred to the Harvard University Archives from the News Office.

Processing Information:

This inventory was created in July 2013 by Kate Bowers from a variety of information sources. The photographs were not examined.
Titles were devised by the archivist unless otherwise noted.

Researcher Access:

The photographs are open for research.

Preferred Citation:

Harvard University. News Office. Harvard University News Office photographs: campus exteriors taken by Walter R. Fleischer, approximately 1950. UAV 605.295.23, Harvard University Archives.

Related Materials

The Harvard University Archives holds the extensive photograph archive of the Harvard News Office and the Office of News and Public Affairs (records in classificatuons beginning UAV 605) as well as an substantial portrait collection (http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:HUL.ARCH:hua04006.

Historical note

The Harvard University News Office was established in 1919. The first photographer was hired in 1943. During the early 1970s, the News Office was placed administratively under the Office of the Vice President for Government, Community and Public Affairs. In 1994-1995, the name of the office was changed to Harvard University Office of News and Public Affairs and later was renamed Public Affairs and Communications.

Scope and Content

Photographs depict the Harvard campus, chiefly building exteriors and student life on campus. Locations include Harvard Yard, the Charles River, the Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School. The group of photographs includes an aerial photograph.

General

This document last updated 2016 August 29.

Container List


hua30013