MS Russ 139
Dubrowsky, D. H. D. H. Dubrowsky papers, circa 1917-1940 (MS Russ 139): Guide
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Russ 139
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Dubrowsky, D. H.
Title: D. H. Dubrowsky papers
Quantity: 3.4 linear feet (4 boxes)
Language of materials: Primarily in Russian. Some materials in English and French.
Abstract: Papers documenting Dubrowsky's professional life as well as Soviet-American relations
after the Russian Revolution.
94M-83. Gift of L. Kramer, 1941.
Transferred from Widener Library. Formerally XT-15.
Processed by Ashley Nary, 2017
Collection is open for research.
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance
notice. Readers should check with Houghton Public Services staff to determine what
material is offsite and retrieval policies and times.
This collection/ a portion of this collection may contain fragile materials that require
special care in handling. Please request assistance as needed with fasteners or brittle
D. H. Dubrowsky Papers, circa 1917-1940 (MS Russ 139). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Dubrowsky, 1888-19??, was born in Kiev and came to the United States in 1905 as a
political exile. Dubrowsky served the Russian government in numerous capacities including:
Secretary of the embassy under Ambassador Ludwig Mertens; Representative in the United
States, Canada, and Mexico of the Russian Red Cross; Representative in the United
States under the League of Nations High Commissioner Fridtjof Nansen; Representative
in the United States of the Proletkino; and American Representative for the Vtzik
Dubrowsky testified for the House of Representatives Special Committee to Investigate
Un-American Activities in 1939.
Minimally processed box list. Existing folder titles retained.
This collection documents the professional activities of Dr. D. H. Dubrowsky from
the years 1917-1940 and is focused on his activities in North America as a representative
for the Russian government. Materials are focused on his work with the Russian Red
Cross, Russian famine relief, and other aid programs created in response to the Russian
famine. Materials primarily include correspondence, radiograms, government documents,
reports, clippings, photo albums, and printed materials.
- Credentials 1 folder Box 1
- Sternglas 2 folders Box 1
- Skvirsky 10 folders Box 1
- Proletkino 1 folder Box 1
- Paxton Hibben hospital 1 folder Box 1
- Contracts - individual artists 1 folder Box 2
- Krestinsky - Soviet embassy - Berlin 1 folder Box 2
- Lomonossoff - Railroad mission 2 folders Box 2
- Lomonossoff - United States department 1 folder Box 2
- Lomonossoff - Dubrowsky 2 folders Box 2
- Correspondence with American professors 1 folder Box 2
- L. Krassin - Embassy in London 1 folder Box 2
- Incoming cables 1 folder Box 2
- Credit bureau - Recht 2 folders Box 2
- Russian art exhibition 1 folder Box 2
- Individual Russian artists 1 folder Box 2
- Russian Red Cross - Walter Ligget 1 folder Box 2
- Olga Kameneva 1 folder Box 2
- John Ohzol - Products Exchange Corp 1 folder Box 2
- Correspondence with Russian Red Cross in London 1 folder Box 2
- Dr. Michailovsky - Department of Health 1 folder Box 2
- Correspondence with American Friends Service Committee 1 folder Box 2
- Correspondence with Soviet embassy - Czechoslovakia 1 folder Box 2
- Exhibits - Russia 1 folder Box 3
- Proletkino 1 folder Box 3
- Russian art exhibition 1 folder Box 3
- Correspondence with International Red Cross 1 folder Box 3
- Vinogradoff 1 folder Box 3
- Correspondence with Michael Mordkine 1 folder Box 3
- Vtzik reports 1 folder Box 3
- Soviet embassy in Canada 1 folder Box 3
- Correspondence with Department of Health 1 folder Box 3
- Childrens Relief Committee - Paxton Hibben 1 folder Box 3
- "Collegium" - Russian Red Cross 2 folders Box 3
- Red Cross - famine 1 folder Box 3
- "Progroms" - Civil war 1 folder Box 3
- Correspondence with American Relief Administration 1 folder Box 3
- Theodore Shaliapin 1 folder Box 3
- Artists contracts 1 folder Box 3
- Paxton Hibben 2 folders Box 3
- Voks - cultural relations 1 folder Box 3
- Christian Brinton 1 folder Box 3
- Photographs 8 folders Box 4
- Radiograms 1 folder Box 4
- Louise Bryant 1 folder Box 4
- Unclassified 1 folder Box 4
- Miscellaneous photostats 1 folder Box 4
- Recognition dinners 1 folder Box 4