MS Thr 1536
Opera Boston. Opera Boston records, circa 2003-2013: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository, ppf
Call No.: MS Thr 1536
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Opera Boston records
Quantity: 11 linear feet (11 boxes, 1 folder)
Quantity: 880.67 Gigabytes
Abstract: Business and production records for Opera Boston.
2016MT-10. Gift of Opera Boston; received: 2016 August.
Accessioned by: Melanie Wisner.
Open for research.
The bulk of this collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite
at the Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check
with Houghton Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval
policies and times.
Special equipment or surrogate required; consult Houghton staff (box 9).
Opera Boston was a Boston (Mass.) opera company presenting "new productions of innovative repertoire and rarely-heard
works" in performances held at the Cutler Majestic Theatre. The company was founded in 2003 as the successor to the Boston Academy of Music (founded in 1980 by baritone Richard Conrad). It ceased operations in December 2011.
Arrangement is original, in labeled binders and with loose material.
Includes production records (mixed records concerning all aspects of each production),
financial records, board agendas and minutes, oral history records, posters, and marketing
materials. "Season productions" are compiled production records for whole seasons.
The bulk of this collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access
restrictions below for additional information.
- Business records: personnel. Box 1
- Business records: oral history. Box 1
- Business records: financial statements. Box 1
- Business records: board agendas and minutes, Box 1
- Marketing: flyers and postcards concerning galas and other performances. Box 1
- Business records: finances. Box 2
- Business records: education. Box 2
- Season productions, Box 2
- Season productions, Box 3
- Productions: Nixon in China, Box 4
- Productions: Lucrezia Borgia, Box 4
- Productions: Clemenza di Tito, Box 4
- Productions: L'Etoile, Box 4
- Productions: Angels in America, Box 5
- Productions: Ainadamar, Box 5
- Productions: Pearl fishers, Box 5
- Productions: The rise and fall of the city of Mahagonny, Box 5
- Productions: Semele, Box 5
- Productions: Der Freischütz, Box 6
- Productions: Ernani, Box 6
- Productions: Bartered bride, Box 6
- Productions: The nose, Box 6
- Productions: Tancredi, Box 7
- Productions: Fidelio, Box 7
- Productions: Cardillac, Box 7
- Productions: Maria Padilla, Box 7
- Production (including clippings, magazines) Madame White Snake, Box 8
- Season productions, Box 10
- Productions: Angels in America. Box 10
- Costume designs (photocopies). Box 11
- Productions: Underground, Box 11
- Season productions, Box 11