MS Am 800.19
Taylor, Charles Henry, 1867-1941. Charles Henry Taylor collection of miscellaneous
manuscripts, 1774-1857: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 800.19
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Taylor, Charles Henry, 1867-1941.
Title: Charles Henry Taylor collection of miscellaneous manuscripts,
Quantity: 1 collection (.25 linear feet (1 box)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Miscellaneous collection of letters, legal documents and other materials, primarily
No accession number. Gift of Charles Henry Taylor; received: 1929 February 13.
Processed by: Bonnie B. Salt
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Charles Henry Taylor Collection of Miscellaneous Manuscripts, 1774-1857 (MS Am 800.19).
Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Charles Henry Taylor (1846-1921) was the founder and developer of the Boston Globe
and its editor for forty-eight years. He was a veteran of the Civil War and had also
served in the Massachusetts legislature. His son, Charles Henry Taylor, Jr. (1867-1941),
was treasurer and director of the Globe Newspaper Company for forty-four years, was
known as an antiquarian and collector of rare books and prints, and held memberships
in many historical and literary societies and scholarly organizations. Taylor Jr.
was the collector and donor of these papers.
Arranged alphabetically by author or title.
Contains letters, deeds, indenture, and other materials, chiefly from Massachusetts.
The letters are addressed to Abraham F. Fox, Isaac Reed, Ebenezer Wade, and others.
- (1). Dalton, William. Letter to Ebenezer Wade, 1805. 1 folders
- (2). Deed of Edmund Rawson to Joseph Root and Martin Root, 1774. 1 folders
- (3). Deed of Isaac McLellan to Charles Miller Reed, 1840. 1 folders
- (4). Deed of Isaac McLellan to James H. West, 1847. 1 folders
- (5). Fox, Abraham F., recipient. Letter from unidentified correspondent, 1807. 1 folders
- (6). Fox, Ebenezer. Letter to Abraham F. Fox, 1805. 1 folders
- (7). Geagan, Patrick. Telegram to Edward & Reed, 1857. 1 folders
- (8). Indenture of the Newton Glue Factory by Gardner K. Reed and Isaac McLellan to Charles J. Ward and William H. Page for 1 year lease : printed document with manuscript additions, 1848. 1 folders
- (9). Lincoln, B. Letter to Joseph Ballester,1844. 1 folders
- (10). Robinson, Walter G. Letter to Gardner K. Reed & Co., 1847. 1 folders
- (11). Sewell, Harvey. Telegram to E. A. Reed, 1854. 1 folders
- (12). Sherburne, William. Letter to Isaac Reed, undated. 1 folders
- (13). Smeed, Ezra. Deed to Joseph Root and Martin Root, 1780. 1 folders
- (14). Smith, William. Attachment to estate of William Smith, deceased, by John Head and Joshua Head, 1810. 1 folders
- (15). Tucker, Charles C. Advertisement and printed letter concerning attorney services : printed flier, 1854. 1 folders
- (16). Wild, Abraham. Letter to Isaac G. Reed, 1812. 1 folders