MS Fr 663
Labori, Fernand, 1860-1917. Fernand Labori and Marguerite Labori papers and related
material, circa 1636-1957: PRELIMINARY BOX LIST.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Fr 663
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Labori, Fernand, 1860-1917.
Title: Fernand Labori and Marguerite Labori papers and related material,
Quantity: 1 collection (2 linear feet (3 boxes)
Language of materials: French, English.
Abstract: Preliminary box list only for professional and family papers of French lawyer Fernand
Labori and his wife, Australian-born pianist Marguerite Labori, with additional material
relating to his work and family.
2014M-165. Purchased with funds from the Frank Brewer Bemis Bequest and the Herman Dunlop Smith
Bequest; received: 2015 May 14, August 7.
2016M-7. Purchased with funds from the Sidney J. Watts Fund, 2016 July 5.
Accessioned by: Melanie Wisner
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the
Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton
Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies
Fernand-Gustave-Gaston Labori (1860-1917) was a celebrated French lawyer whose clients included Émile Zola, Alfred Dreyfus, Thérèse Humbert, and Henriette Caillaux.
Marguerite Okey de Pachmann Labori (1864-1952) was an Australian-born pianist who renounced her performing career after
marriage to Labori though went on to achieve distinction as a composer. Labori was
her second husband.
Arrangement is original and materials are not fully cataloged. Readers should note
that when fully processed, the order of materials may change. Request the curatorial file for more detailed lists of letters and biographical information.
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access restrictions
below for additional information.
- Wills of Marguerite Labori's father, paternal grandmother, and paternal aunt. 1 folders Box 1
- Material relating to wills, trusts, and estates of Marguerite Labori's grandmother, mother, and other relations, with some correspondence of her sister,
Olivia Ryan, who lived in the United States. 2 binders. Box 1
- Correspondence of Marguerite Labori with family members. 1 folders Box 1
- Correspondence of Marguerite Labori with persons outside her family. 1 folders Box 1
- Studio portrait photographs of Marguerite Labori. 1 folders Box 1
- Marguerite Labori's tour contract with Chickering and Company (during her first marriage). 1 folders Box 1
- Fernand Labori correspondence with his parents, Adolphe and Hermance Labori. 1 folders Box 1
- Adolphe Labori professional correspondence with a photograph of an art object presented upon his resignation from the Chemins de fer de l'Est. 1 folders Box 1
- Letters to Adolphe Labori from the Mairie of Reims. 1 folders Box 1
- Fernand Labori notebooks. 5 Volumes Box 1
- Documents relating to the trial of Mme. Joseph Caillaux for the murder of Gaston Calmette, editor of Le figaro. 1 folders Box 1
- Photographs of Fernand Labori. 1 folders Box 1
- Engraving of Fernand Labori. 1 folders Box 1
- Photographs of Fernand Labori's funeral, with the bill for funeral expenses. 1 folders Box 1
- 60 negatives (photographic) taken by Adrien de Pachmann of a family trip to Canada and the United States, 1913. 1 folders Box 1
Labori had an emergency appendectomy in Boston during this trip and spoke at Harvard University.
- Books inscribed to Fernand Labori. 2 Volumes Box 1
- Book inscribed to Denise during her second marriage: Zola1 Volumes Box 1
- DIscours prononcé par M. F. Labori..., 1888. 1 Volumes Box 1
- Patrick J. McGrath and Glenn Horowitz. The Forzinetti Archive and the Dreyfus Affair, 2002. 1 Volumes Box 1
- Documents concerning Adrien de Pachmann. 1 folders Box 2
- Documents concerning Denise Labori. 1 folders Box 2
- Documents concerning Violette Labori. 1 folders Box 2
- Documents concerning the Laboris. 1 folders Box 2
- Photographs taken during the Caillaux trial, 1914. 1 folders Box 2
- Documents concerning the discovery and identity of the attempted assassin of Fernand
Labori, 1899. 1 folders Box 2
- Letters concerning Labori's connections to a lycée in Reims. 1 folders Box 2
- Letters to Fernand Labori from unidentified correspondents. 1 folders Box 2
- Letters to Fernand Labori from identified correspondents, alphabetized. 1 folders Box 2
- Printed book by Fernand Labori, 1888. 1 Volumes Box 2
- Cartes-de-visite addressed to Marguerite Labori. 50 items in folder. Box 2
- Printed book, Zola, inscribed to Denise Labori. 1 Volumes Box 2
- Documents relating to the ennobling of the name Ducastaing, circa 1636-1781. 1 folders Box 2
- Postcards and carte-de-visite send to Fernand Labori during the time of the Dreyfus trial in Rennes, 1899. 1 folders Box 2
- Alfred Dreyfus card sent to an American well-wisher. 1 folders Box 2
- Bruno Ducastaing-Laubadère postcards showing scenes from Georges Picquart's visit to Fontainebleau, circa 1907.
1 folders Box 2
- Two tie tacks, picturing Dreyfus and Labori. 1 small box. Box 2
- Jean Ajalbert dossier on the "Affaire Vaillant" (Labori's first celebrated case), 1929. 1 folders Box 2
- Stereoscopic photographs of Fernand and Marguerite Labori during the second trial of Dreyfus at Rennes, 1899. 1 folders Box 2
- Photograph of Fernand Labori 1 folders Box 3
- Sheet music: "Labori Marche". 1 folders Box 3
- Documents concerning Odette Labori. 1 folders Box 3
- Documents concerning Marguerite Labori. 1 folders Box 3
- Documents concerning Léonide (Lionel) de Pachmann. 1 binder. Box 3
- Portraits of Léonide de Pachmann. 5 items Box 3