MS Thr 873
Souvenir programs of popular entertainment events, 1901-1994: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Thr 873
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Souvenir programs of popular entertainment events,
Quantity: 1 collection (2 boxes (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Programs from 20th-century circus, ice skaing, rodeo, and other popular entertainment
2010MT-11. Gift of Thomas Garrett ; received: 2010 October 9.
Forms part of the Fredric Woodbridge Wilson Collection of Theater, Dance and Music.
Processed by: Ashley M. Nary
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the
Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton
Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies
Souvenir Programs of Popular Entertainment Events, 1901-1994 (MS Thr 873). Harvard
Theatre Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Organized into the following series:
- I. Ice skating
- II. Magic shows
- III. Circuses
- IV. Horse sports and rodeos
- V. Additional popular entertainment events
This collection includes souvenir programs from 20th-century popular entertainment
events such as circuses, rodeos, ice skating exhibitions, magic shows, and parades.
Shows include Ice Capades, Ice Follies, Cirque du Soleil, Ringling Brother Barnum
and Bailey, and many others.
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access restrictions
below for additional information.
- Series: I. Ice skating
- A. Ice Capades, Inc.
- (5). Ice capades eighteenth edition : souvenir program, 1957-1958.
Produced by John H. Harris.
Cover art by El Leu.
- (9). Ice capades 35th anniversary edition : souvenir program, ca. 1975.
Directed and choreographed by Robert Turk.
- B. Shipstads and Johnson Ice Follies, Inc.
- (10). Ice follies of 1941 at Boston Garden (Boston, Mass.) : souvenir program, 1941.
Produced and managed by Oscar Johnson, Edwin H. Shipstad, and Roy L. Shipstad. Staged and directed by Miss. Fanchon.
- (11). Ice follies of 1945 at Boston Garden (Boston, Mass.) : souvenir program, 1945.
Produced by Oscar Johnson, Edwin H. Shipstad, and Roy L. Shipstad. Directed by Frances Claudet, Carlos Romero, and Mary Jane Lewis.
- C. Other ice shows
- (12). 29th annual ice skating carnival : souvenir program, 1941.
Produced by Skating Club of Boston.
- (13). Hollywood ice revue of 1952 : the show with the stars : souvenir program, 1952.
Produced by Arthur M. Wirtz, choreographed and staged by Catherine Littlefield.
- (14). Howdy, Mr. Ice at Rockefeller Center : souvenir program, undated.
Produced by Arthur M. Wirtz and Sonja Henie, staged by Catherine Littlefield.
- Series: II. Magicians
- A. Blackstone, Harry, 1885-1965
- (15). Blackstone souvenir program and illustrated trick book : souvenir program, undated.
Cover art by C. C. (Charles Clarence) Beck.
- (16). Blackstone souvenir program and Blackstone's secrets of magic fully illustrated : souvenir program, undated.
Cover art by E.C. Stoner.
- Series: III. Circuses
- A. Cirque du Soleil
- (18). Mystère : souvenir program, 1994.
Directed by France Dragone and Gilles Ste-Croix, composed by René Dupéré, and choreographed by Debra Brown.
- B. Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Combined Shows
- (21). Ringling bros and Barnum & Bailey circus magazine & program : magazine (periodical) and souvenir program, 1951.
Published by Harry S. Daube.
1951 circus produced by John Ringling North, staged by John Murray Anderson.
Cover art by Walter Bomar.
- (23). Ringling bros and Barnum & Bailey circus 11th edition souvenir program & magazine : magazine (periodical) and souvenir program, 1981.
1981 circus produced by Irvin Feld and Kenneth Feld, staged and choreographed by Bill Bradley and Jerry Fries.
Cover art by Rodriguez.
- D. Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus
- Series: IV. Horse sports and rodeos
- A. Dressage
- (27). The Herrmann royal Lipizzan stallions : souvenir program, undated.
Produced by Herrmann family.
- (28). The royal Lipizzan stallion show 6th anniversary edition : souvenir program, undated.
Presented by Wonderful World of Horses, produced by Gary Lashinsky, staged and directed by John Finley. .
- B. Horse racing
- (29). Saratoga souvenir, season of 1901 : souvenir program, 1901.
Program for Saratoga Racecourse (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.).
Cover art by Eagan.
- C. Rodeos
- (30). World's champinship rodeo at Boston Garden (Boston, Mass.) : souvenir program, 1945.
Also titled "Fourteenth annual Boston Garden rodeo."