MS Thr 872
Souvenir programs of operas, operettas, and opera singers, 1902-1986: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Thr 872
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Souvenir programs of operas, operettas, and opera persons,
Quantity: 1 collection (2 boxes (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English. Some material in French.
Abstract: Souvenir programs of 20th-century opera and operetta performances, including companies
and individual performers.
2010MT-11. Gift of Thomas Garrett ; received: 2010 October 9.
Forms part of the Fredric Woodbridge Wilson Collection of Theater, Dance and Music.
Processed by: Ashley M. Nary
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the
Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton
Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies
Souvenir Programs of Operas, Operettas, and Opera Singers, 1902-1986 (MS Thr 872).
Harvard Theatre Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Organized into the following series:
- I. Productions
- II. Companies, theaters, and individuals
This collection includes printed souvenir programs from 20th-century opera and operetta
performances including those produced for television or film. Additional materials
include programs specific to individual performers and theaters as well as 1 festival
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access restrictions
below for additional information.
- Series: I. Productions.
- (3). Fledermaus at Metropolitan Opera (New York, N.Y.) : souvenir program, 1951. 1 folders
By Johann Strauss. Directed by Kanin Garson.
- (4). Four saints in three acts at Wadsworth Atheneum : souvenir program (signed), 1934. 1 folders
By Virgil Thomson. Produced by John Houseman.
- (5). Goya at John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.) : souvenir program, 1986. 1 folders
Composed and directed by Gian Carlo Menotti.
- (7). The medium and The telephone : souvenir program, undated. 1 folders
By Gian Carlo Menotti. Produced by James A. Doolittle.
- (8). The merry widow : souvenir program, undated. 1 folders
By Franz Lehár.
- (9). Parsifal at Metropolitan Opera (New York, N.Y.) : souvenir program, 1903. 1 folders
Directed by Heinrich Conried.
- (10). Purcell-Handel festival : souvenir program, 1959. 1 folders
Month long festival celebrating composers Henry Purcell and George Frideric Handel.
- (11). Rigoletto : souvenir program, undated. 1 folders
By Giuseppe Verdi. Produced by New England Opera Theater. Staged by Boris Goldovsky.
- (12). Rosenkavalier (Motion picture) : souvenir program, ca. 1962. 1 folders
By Richard Strauss. Produced and directed by Paul Czinner.
- (13). Tales of Hoffmann (Motion picture : 1951) : souvenir program, ca. 1951. 1 folders
Based on the opera Contes d'Hoffmann by Jacques Offenbach. Written, produced, and directed by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger.
- (14). Wozzeck at Metropolitan Opera (New York, N.Y.) : souvenir program, 1931. 1 folders
By Alban Berg. Conducted by Leopold Stokowski. Produced by Philadelphia Grand Opera Company.
- Series: II. Companies, theaters, and individuals.
- (15). Baccaloni, Salvatore, 1900-1969 : souvenir program, undated. 1 folders
- (16). Chaliapin, Fyodor Ivanovich, 1873-1938 at Royal Albert Hall (London, England). : souvenir program, 1927. 1 folders
Production of Mozart and Salieri and Boris Godounoff under the direction of C. B. (Charles Blake) Cochran.
- (17). English Opera Group : souvenir program, 1956. 1 folders
Souvenir titled English opera group 1946-1956. .
- (18). Metropolitan Opera (New York, N.Y.) : souvenir program, 1954. 1 folders
Souvenir titled Metropolitan opera house 70th anniversary.
- (19). New England Opera Theatre : souvenir program, ca. 1961. 1 folders
Souvenir titled New England opera theatre : the first fifty years, 1946-1961.
- (20). Opera Company of Boston : souvenir program, 1967. 1 folders
Souvenir titled The American national opera company.
- (21). Opéra de Paris : souvenir program, ca. 1957. 1 folders
- (22). Royal Opera House (London, England) : souvenir program, 1908. 1 folders
- (23). Royal Opera House (London, England) : souvenir program, ca. 1958. 1 folders
Souvenir titled The royal opera house, Covent Garden, 1858-1958.
- (24). Sills, Beverly : souvenir program, 1980. 1 folders
Souvenir titled Fledermaus ball. Held to honor Sills' departure from Opera Company of Boston.