MS Thr 815
Hasty Pudding Club Theatricals vocal scores, 1892-1954: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Thr 815
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Hasty Pudding Club Theatricals vocal scores
Date(s): 1844, 1860, 1892-1954
Quantity: 1.5 linear feet (5 boxes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Vocal scores from productions of the Hasty Pudding Club Theatricals.
2010MT-11. Gift of Thomas Garrett; received: 2010 October 9.
Forms part of the Fredric Woodbridge Wilson Collection of Theater, Dance and Music
(Harvard Theatre Collection).
Processed by: Alison Harris
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the
Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton
Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies
Hasty Pudding Club Theatricals Vocal Scores 1892-1954, (MS Thr 815). Harvard Theatre
Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard University.
The Hasty Pudding Theatricals is a student theater group at Harvard University that has been performing since 1844. The first productions were adapted shows of professional theater but by the 1860s students were writing the shows themselves.
Arranged chronologically by year of production.
Collection consists of printed vocal scores from productions of the Hasty Pudding
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access restrictions
below for additional information.
- (1). The sphinx or Love at random : vocal score, 1892. 1 folders
Words by David Gray, music by Lewis S. Thompson.
- (3). Granada : vocal score, 1894. 1 folders
Words by John Rathbone Oliver, music by Edward Burlingame Hill and Daniel Gregory Mason.
- (4). Branglebrink : vocal score, 1896. 1 folders
Words by R.M. Townsend and E.G. Knoblauch; music by J.A. Carpenter, F.B. Whittemore, and R.G. Morse.
- (5). The flying dutchmen : vocal score, 1897. 1 folders
Words by M.E. Stone, Jr., lyrics by H.T. Nichols, and music by J.A. Carpenter.
- (7). Proteus or The lightning change artist : vocal score, 1899. 1 folders
Words by John Francis Brice, music by Brian Fairchild and others,
- (8). Dynamiters : vocal score, 1901. 1 folders
Music by N.H. Pride; lyrics by F.R. Du Bois, J.G. Forbes, and others.
- (9). Hi-Ka-Yá : vocal score, 1902. 1 folders
Music, book and lyrics by Malcolm Lang.
- (10). Boodle & Co. : vocal score, 1904. 1 folders
Music by John H. Densmore, book by R.A. Barnet and Harold Otis.
Inscription on fly leaf reads "This score differs from original H.P.C. score in the
addition of Nos. 18 and 24 only."
Inscription on title page reads "Presented to the Hasty Pudding Club in memory of
Lewis S. Thompson '92."
- (13). The legend of Loravia : vocal score, 1914. 1 folders
Music by Vinton Freedley, lyrics by J.K. Hodges, book by E. Streeter and J.K. Hodges.
- (14). The fattest calf : vocal score, 1915. 1 folders
Music by F. Hyde and H. Meyer, lyrics by C.A. Herter, book by D.C. Josephs and J.A. Richards.
- (16). Crowns and clowns : vocal score, 1919. 1 folders
Music by Francis W. Hatch, book and lyrics by Jay La Basco.
- (17). Wetward ho! : vocal score, 1921. 1 folders
Music by Alex L. Steinert, Jr., Joseph Alger, Howard Elliott, Jr., and Jack Strauss; book by Joseph Alger and Denning Miller.
- (18). Take a brace : vocal score, 1923. 1 folders
Lyrics by Barklie McKee Henry and Frederick Humphrey Nichols.
- (19). Who's who : vocal score, 1924. 1 folders
Music by L.J. Abbott, M.H. Harris, and Theodore Pearson; lyrics by Barklie McKee Henry and W.L. White.
- (20). 1776 : vocal score, 1926. 1 folders
Music by E.F. Craig, W.C. Harris, and C.E. Henderson.
- (21). Gentlemen, the Queen! : vocal score, 1927. 1 folders
Music by E.F. Craig, W.C. Harris, C.E. Henderson, J.F. Bradley, and R.M. Whittemore.
- (22). Not now...later : vocal score, 1928. 1 folders
Music by E.F. Craig, L. Abbott, C.E. Henderson, and R.M. Whittemore.
- (23). Fireman, save my child : vocal score, 1929. 1 folders
Music by E.F. Craig, F.A. Harding, and L.D. Parker.
- (24). Ad man out! : vocal score, 1954. 1 folders
Music by Charles Gross, lyrics by Robert Schwarz and Frederic Tausend.