MS Thr 713
Souvenir programs of motion pictures, 1915-1978: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Thr 713
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Souvenir programs of motion pictures,
Quantity: 1 collection (1.75 linear feet (7 boxes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English. Some materials in French.
Abstract: 20th-century souvenir programs primarily of motion pictures.
2010MT-11. Gift of Thomas Garrett; received: 2010 October 9.
Processed by: Ashley M. Nary
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the
Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton
Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies
Souvenir Programs of Motion Pictures, 1915-1978 (MS Thr 713). Harvard Theatre Collection,
Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Arranged alphabetically by production title.
The collection includes souvenir programs and related clippings, memorandum, and promotional materials from 20th-century film and theatrical productions. The collection is composed primarily
of motion picture programs.
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access restrictions
below for additional information.
- (9). The birth of a nation : souvenir program, ca. 1915. 1 folders
Date: 1915. The birth of a nation : souvenir program, ca. 1915
Based on the book written by Thomas Dixon, scenario by D. W. (David Wark) Griffith and Frank E. Woods, directed and produced by D. W. (David Wark) Griffith.
Starring Lillian Gish, Mae Marsh, Miriam Cooper, Henry B. (Henry Brazeale) Walthall, and Ralph Lewis.
- (16). Cleopatra : souvenir program, ca. 1917. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Adrian Johnson, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, production of William Fox.
Starring Theda Bara.
- (17). Cleopatra : souvenir program, 1963. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, Ranald MacDougall, and Sidney Buchman, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, production of Walter Wanger.
Starring Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and Rex Harrison.
2 copies. 1 copy includes ticket stubs.
- (22). Fantasia : souvenir program, 1940. 2 folders
Story direction written by Joe Grant and Dick Huemer, musical direction by Edward Plumb, production of Walt Disney and Ben Sharpsteen.
- (23). Fire over England : souvenir program, ca. 1937. 1 folders
Directed by William K. Howard, production of Erich Pommer and Sir Alexander Korda.
Starring Flora Robson, Laurence Olivier, and Vivien Leigh.
American premiere at Radio City Music Hall.
- (25). The four horsemen of the apocalypse : souvenir program, 1921. 1 folders
Adapted by June Mathis from the book by Vicente Blasco Ibáñez, directed and produced by Rex Ingram.
Starring Rudolph Valentino, Alice Terry, and Josef Swickard.
2 copies. Copies differ dramatically.
- (29). Grand hotel : souvenir program, 1932. 1 folders
Based on the play by Vicki Baum, directed by Edmund Goulding.
Starring Greta Garbo, John Barrymore, Joan Crawford, Wallace Beery, and Lionel Barrymore.
- (37). The hunchback of Notre Dame : souvenir program, ca. 1923. 1 folders
Scanario written by Edward T. (Edward Thomas) Lowe, Jr., adaption by Perley Poore Sheehan, directed by Wallace Worsley.
Starring Lon Chaney.
- (38). It's a mad mad mad mad world : souvenir program, ca. 1963. 1 folders
Screenplay written by William Rose, directed and produced by Stanley Kramer.
Starring Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Ceasar, Ethel Merman, Buddy Hackett, and Mickey Rooney.
- (39). Joan of Arc : souvenir program, 1948. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Maxwell Anderson, directed by Victor Fleming, production of Walter Wanger.
Starring Ingrid Bergman.
- (41). L'affaire protar (The protar affair) : souvenir program, ca. 1957. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Sorana Coroamă, directed by Haralambie Boros, production of Bucharest Film Studio.
Starring Radu Beligan.
In French and English.
- (43). Le miracle des loups (Miracle of the Wolves) : souvenir program, ca. 1924. 1 folders
Based on the book written by Henry Dupuy-Mazuel, directed by Raymond Bernard.
Starring Vanni-Marcoux, Charles Dullin, and A. (Armand) Bernard.
Includes informational leaflet for Parisian battlefield tour by automobile ca. 1920s.
- (45). Les miserables : souvenir program, ca. 1925. 1 folders
Based on the book written by Victor Hugo, directed and produced by Henri Fescourt.
Starring Gabriel Garbio.
- (48). Lost horizon : souvenir program, 1937. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Robert Riskin, directed and produced by Frank Capra.
Starring Ronald Colman.
- (49). The magic box : souvenir program, 1951. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Eric Ambler, directed by John Boulting, production of Ronald Neame.
Starring Margaret Johnston and Maria Schell.
World premiere presented at the festival of Britain, September 18, 1951.
- (58). The prince and the pauper : souvenir program, 1937. 1 folders
Based on the book written by Mark Twain, directed by William Keighley.
Starring Errol Flynn, Claude Rains, Henry Stephenson, Barton MacLane, Billy Mauch, and Bobby Mauch.
- (60). Raintree county : souvenir program, 1957. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Millard Kaufman, directed by Edward Dmytryk, production of David Lewis.
Starring Montgomery Clift and Elizabeth Taylor.
Program book titled The other side of the screen by Julia Fenderson and Bill Fenderson.
Souvenir contains memorandum from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer dated July 1, 1957 along with production-related documents titled The legend of the golden raintree, Highlights of "Raintree county", and The inception of "Raintree county" as a motion picture.
- (65). Search for paradise : souvenir program, ca. 1957. 1 folders
Directed by Otto Lang, production of Lowell Thomas.
- (66). Seven wonders of the world : souvenir program, ca. 1956. 1 folders
Directed by Tay Garnett, Paul Mantz, Andrew Marton, Ted Tetzlaff, and Walter (Walter A.) Thompson, production of Lowell Thomas.
- (69). Skin deep : souvenir program, ca. 1922. 1 folders
Directed by Lambert Hillyer, production of Thomas H. Ince.
Starring Milton Sills and Florence Vidor.
Program forms publication titled The silver sheet, published by Thomas H. Ince studios.
- (72). South seas adventure : souvenir program, ca. 1958. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Charles Kaufman, Joe Ansen, and Harold Medford, directed by Francis D. Lyon, Walter (Walter A.) Thompson, Basil Wrangel, Richard Goldstone, and Carl Dudley, production of Carl Dudley.
- (73). Specter of the rose : promotional materials, ca. 1946. 1 folders
Publicity and promotional information for Specter of the Rose produced by Republic Pictures Corporation most likely for movie theaters.
Screenplay written, produced, and directed by Ben Hecht.
Starring Dame Judith Anderson and Michael Chekhov.
- (76). Theodora : souvenir program, ca. 1921. 1 folders
Based on the play written by Victorien Sardou, production of Unione Cinematografica Italiana.
Starring Rita Jolivet.
- (79). Trader Horn : souvenir program, 1931. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Richard E. (Richard Ernest) Schayer, directed by W.S. Van Dyke.
Starring Harry Carey, Edwina Booth, Duncan Renaldo, Mutia Omoolu, and Olive Carey.
Olive Carey listed under maiden name Olive Golden.
- (80). The trail of '98 : souvenir program, 1928. 1 folders
Adaptation written by Benjamin F. (Benjamin Floyer) Glazer, directed and produced by Clarence Brown.
Starring Ralph Forbes and Dolores Del Rio.
Premiere, Grauman's Chinese Theatre, May 7, 1928.
- (84). Wilson : souvenir program, 1944. 1 folders
Screenplay written by Lamar Trotti, directed by Henry King, production of Darryl Francis Zanuck.
Starring Alexander Knox, Charles Coburn, and Geraldine Fitzgerald.
2 copies. 1 copy incomplete.