MS Thr 591
Menu collection, 1866-1988: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Thr 591
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Menu collection,
Quantity: 1 collection (.75 linear feet (2 boxes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English and French.
Abstract: Printed menus, mostly with a theatrical connection.
No accession number. Source unknown.
Processed by: Bonnie B. Salt
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the
Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton
Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies
Menu Collection, 1866-1988 (MS Thr 591). Harvard Theatre Collection, Houghton Library,
Arranged alphabetically by name of sponsor of event producing menu.
Printed menus, most having a theatrical connection, and many including images.
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access restrictions
below for additional information.
- (1). Club of Odd Volumes. The two Emilies by Mrs. Harold Greene Arnold : menu, 1947 April 29. 1 folders
A tea for the benefit of the Chawton Cottage Fund. Cover title: For Jane Austen.
- (2). Dixey, Henry E., 1859-1943. Private banquet to meet Mr. Wilson Barrett : menu, 1886 November 13. 1 folders
- (3). Edinburgh Pen & Pencil Club. Special meeting in compliment to Mr. Henry Irving : menu, 1885 September 20. 1 folders
At Freemasons' Hall, George Street, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- (4). Edwin Forrest Club. Nineteenth annual banquet : menu, 1911 February 9. 1 folders
At Revere House, Boston, Massachusetts.
- (5). Friars Club (New York, N.Y.). Complimentary dinner to Mr. Cyril Maude : menu, 1914 April 26. 1 folders
At the Hotel Astor, New York City.
- (6). Howard Athenaeum Star Specialty Co. Reception and banquet for members : menu, 1887 March 17. 1 folders
At Revere House, Boston, Massachusetts. Also includes programme for the evening.
- (7). Johnsonian Club (Brisbane). Club supper. The Johnsonian's welcome Toole : menu, 1890 July 19. 1 folders
- (8). Lotos Club (New York, N.Y.). Complimentary to Lester Wallack : menu, 1887 December 17. 1 folders
- (8a). Lotos Club (New York, N.Y.). Dinner in honor of Dr. Richard Strauss by the Lotos Club : printed menu, 1904 March 19. 1 folders
- (9). Massachusetts Volunteers in Mexico. Dinner and 37th anniversary reunion : menu, 1885 July 20. 1 folders
At Hotel Nantasket.
- (10). Metropolitan Opera (New York, N.Y.). Gala supper on the occasion of the visit of the Royal Danish Ballet to the Metropolitan
Opera : menu, 1988 June. 1 folders
At the Tavern on the Green Restaurant, New York City.
- (11). Odéon (Theater : Paris, France). Déjeuner : menu, 1894 October 8. 1 folders
With invitation sent to Mr. Schatté.
- (12). Players (Club). A supper in honor of the cast of "She stoops to conquer" : menu, 1924 June 14. 1 folders
At The Players, 14 Gramercy Park, New York City.
- (13). Shakespeare Club (London, England). The Shakespeare Festival Stratford-upon-Avon. A luncheon held on the 350th anniversary
of the poet's birthday under the auspices of the Shakespeare Club : menu, 1914 April 23. 1 folders
At the Town Hall, Stratford-Upon-Avon.
- (14). Shakespeare Club (London, England). The Shakespeare Festival Stratford-upon-Avon. A luncheon held on the 400th anniversary
of the poet's birthday in the presence of his royal highness the Prince Phiip... : menu, 1964 April 23. 1 folders
At the Festival Pavilion, Stratford-Upon-Avon.
- (16). Union Club of San Francisco. Dinner : menu, 1866 August 25. 1 folders
In the Union Club rooms.