MS Russ 13.11
Trotsky papers cataloging records, circa 1957-1958: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Russ 13.11
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Trotsky papers cataloging records,
Quantity: 1 collection (2 linear feet (2 boxes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Records relating to the cataloging of the Leon Trotsky papers.
No accession number. Gift of Jean Van Heijenoort, no date.
Processed by: Bonnie B. Salt
Part of the MS Storage project, 2008-2009.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the
Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton
Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies
Trotsky Papers Cataloging Records, circa 1957-1958 (MS Russ 13.11). Houghton Library,
For additional cataloging records see:
- MS Russ 13.5: The Trotsky papers. Concordance of numbers between the first guide (1957)
and the second guide (1959)
- MS Russ 13.6: Trotsky Archive cataloging worksheets
Leon Trotsky was a Russian revolutionary and Soviet leader.
Arranged into the following series:
- I. File folders
- II. Card files
Index cards and file folders of materials used to assist in the cataloging of the
Trotsky papers at the Houghton Library. Papers were accumulated by Jan Van Heijenoort, George Fischer, Barbara Zemboch, and others as the archives of Leon Trotsky were processed.
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access restrictions
below for additional information.
- Series: I. File folders
- (1). General information. 1 folders
Includes memorandums concerning the Trotsky papers. Memos written by members of the
- (2). List of books containing information of possible interest. 1 folders
- (3). Miscellaneous records used for organizing papers. 4 folders
- (4). Old worksheets. Corrections made from Guide notes, 1957-1958. 3 folders
- Series: II. Card files
- (5). Chronological index, 1917-1927 and months only : card files. 2 packets.
- (6). Heading index, A-Z : card files. 1 packet.
- (7). Miscellaneous : card files. 1 packet.
- (9). Name index 2, A-Z : card files. 1 packet.
- (10). Name index 3, A-Z : card files. 3 packets.
- (11). Name index 4, Dewey Commission, A-Z: card files. 2 packets.
- (12). Name index 5, Works, A-Z : card files. 2 packets.
- (13). Name index 6 : card files. 1 packet.