MS Am 2597
Livingston, Flora Virginia Milner, 1862-, recipient. Additional letters sent to Flora
Virginia Milner Livingston concerning Kipling collections, 1919-1943: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: Harvard Depository
Call No.: MS Am 2597
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Livingston, Flora Virginia Milner, 1862-, recipient.
Title: Additional letters sent to Flora Virginia Milner Livingston concerning Kipling collections,
Quantity: 1 collection (.5 linear feet (1 box)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Letters sent to Harvard librarian, Flora Virginia Milner Livingston, concerning Rudyard
57M-272. Transferred from the Widener Memorial Room, Harvard College Library, Harvard University;
Processed by: Bonnie B. Salt
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the
Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton
Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies
Additional Letters sent to Flora Virginia Milner Livingston Concerning Kipling Collections,
1919-1943 (MS Am 2597). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Flora Virginia Milner Livingston was, for many years, the Curator of the Harry Elkins
Widener Memorial Collection in the Harvard College Library. She was the wife of Luther
S. Livingston, the first librarian of the Widener Memorial collection. She became
assistant librarian of that collection after her husband's death in 1914; then librarian
in 1926. Rudyard Kipling was one of her many scholarly interests.
Arranged alphabetically by name of correspondent.
Letters to Livingston from various librarians, publishers, scholars, and bibliophiles,
concerning Kipling collections. Especially concerns information for her books: Bibliography of the works of Rudyard Kipling (1927); and Supplement to the Bibliography of the works of Rudyard Kipling (1938). Also includes typescript transcript copies of Rudyard Kipling's letters to
This collection is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. See access restrictions
below for additional information.
- (1). Bemis, Frank Brewer, 1861-1935. Letters to FVML, 1928-1931. 1 folders
- (2). Chait, Maurice M. Letters to FVML, 1943. 1 folders
- (3). Charles Scribner's Sons. Letters to FVML, 1919-1938. 1 folders
- (4). Edgell, George Harold, 1887-1954. Letter to FVML, 1937. 1 folders
- (5). Ferguson, J. De Lancey (John De Lancey), 1888-. Letters to FVML, 1920-1943. 1 folders
- (6). Granniss, Ruth S. (Ruth Shepard), 1872-1954. Letters to FVML, 1929-1930. 1 folders
- (7). Grosvenor Library. Letter to FVML, 1932. 1 folders
From Florence C. Fuchs.
- (8). Henney, Nella Braddy, 1894-. Letters to FVML, 1941. 1 folders
- (9). Holbrook, F. Cabot. Letters to FVML, 1936-1937. 1 folders
- (10). Ḳaplan, Yiśraʾel. Letters to FVML, 1939. 1 folders
- (11). Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936. Letters (typescript transcripts) to Mr. Vallentine, 1907-1919. 1 folders
Name is also spelled in some letters as Mr. Vallentin.
- (12). Kyte, Ernest Cockburn, 1876-. Letters to FVML, 1940. 1 folders
- (13). Lemperly, Paul, 1858-1939. Letters to FVML, 1927. 1 folders
- (14). Macmillan & Co. Letters to FVML, 1924-1937. 1 folders
- (15). Punch. Letter to FVML, 1923. 1 folders
- (16). Rice, Howard C. (Howard Crosby), 1904-. Letters to FVML, 1939 and undated. 1 folders
- (17). Rugg, Harold Goddard, 1883-1957. Letters to FVML, 1921-1926. 1 folders
- (18). Sargent, George H. (George Henry), 1867-193. Letters to FVML, 1923-1926. 1 folders
- (19). Wilson, Alan D. Letters to FVML, 1928-1933. 1 folders