MS Am 2003
Hatch, Leonard, 1882-. Leonard Hatch correspondence with Warren Barton Blake and others,
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 2003
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Hatch, Leonard, 1882-.
Title: Leonard Hatch correspondence with Warren Barton Blake and others,
Quantity: 1 collection (.15 linear feet (1 box)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Personal and publishing-related correspondence between editorial writer Leonard Hatch
and journalist Warren Barton Blake and others.
82M-56 and 97M-30. Gift of Christopher Hatch, R.R. 2, Box 1590, Dorset, Vermont 05251. Received 1982 April; 1997 December 18; 1999 August; 2002 January 10; and 2003 February 13.
Processed by: Melanie Wisner
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Leonard Hatch Correspondence with Warren Barton Blake and Others, 1910-1918 (MS Am
2003). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Leonard Hatch (1882-1969) was an American magazinist and editorial writer. Warren
Barton Blake (1883-1918) was an American journalist who worked on the editorial staffs
of The Nation, The Independent, and Collier's Weekly. Hatch and Blake were college
classmates (Harvard 1905).
Arranged alphabetically by correspondent.
- (1). Benét, William Rose, 1886-1950. Letter to Leonard Hatch, 1914 September 8. 1 folders
- (2). Blake, Warren Barton, 1883-1918. 40 letters to Leonard Hatch, 1912-1918. 5 folders
- Photograph with letter of 1918 February 26;
- Letter from Marjorie Conant to Warren Barton Blake, 1918 July 7;
- Printed memorial pamphlet, 1919, Warren Barton Blake October 26, 1883 - August 19, 1918 ; compilation of letters and editorials by Barton Fisk Blake and Mary Manning Blake.
- (3). Blake, Warren Barton, 1883-1918. Letter to George I. Steguer, 1914 May 15. 1 folders
Steguer worked with the Oliver Morosco Company.
- (4). Hatch, Leonard, 1882- . 25 letters to Warren Barton Blake, 1910-1916. 4 folders
Some letters written from Honolulu (Hawaii). Includes:
- Photograph with letter of 1912 April 2: "Blake and LH";
- Photograph with letter of 1916 June 27: "3 steps backward would have taken me right to the heart
of Grand Canyon";
- Photograph with letter of 1916 June 27: "Taken from the train on the line from Colorado Springs
to Cripple Creek";
- Photograph (postcard) with letter of 1916 September 5: people attending the departure of a steamer
- 2 letters from Dorothy H[olt] Warrin to Warren Barton Blake, 1916 April 17 and June 27;
- Printed leaflet advertising The Courtland [Hotel] in Honolulu (Hawaii).
- Poem in Hatch's hand about being Blake's guest, with a clipping.