MS Typ 1088
Crane, Walter, 1845-1915. Walter Crane drawings for book illustrations, 1885-1911:
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Typ 1088
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Crane, Walter, 1845-1915.
Title: Walter Crane drawings for book illustrations,
Quantity: 1 collection (.2 linear feet (1 volume)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Pencil and pen-and-ink illustrations for children's books by English illustrator Walter
49M-28PF. Purchased with the Caroline Miller Parker Fund; received: 1949 July 12.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Walter Crane Drawings for Book Illustrations, 1885-1911 (MS Typ 1088). Houghton Library,
Crane was an English illustrator, painter, and designer primarily known for his imaginative
illustrations of children's books.
Contains pencil and pen-and-ink illustrations for children's books, including 35 studies
for the illustrations of Constance Cary Harrison's Bric-a-brac stories, among others.
- (1). Crane, Walter, 1845-1915. [Bric-a-brac stories. ] 35 pencil and pen-and-ink studies for the 24 illustrations to the compilation by
Constance (Cary) Harrison. New York,1885. Published in England as Folk and fairy tales. With correspondence from Charles Scribners Sons to Crane about the publication. Mounted in a blank book. Massé, p. 36.
- (2). Crane, Walter, 1845-1915. [Program for Christmas fairy fête. Pen-and-ink drawing, 1911.
- (3). Crane, Walter, 1845-1915. [The wanderings of Arasmon. ] 3 pen-and-ink drawings.
- (4). Crane, Walter, 1845-1915. [A Sicilian idyll. ] Pen-and-ink drawing for frontispiece to John Todhunter's play, London, 1890.
- (5). Crane, Walter, 1845-1915. [The dawn, and The west wind. ] 2 pen-and-ink and China white drawings, dated 1897.