MS Am 2352
Aiken, Conrad, 1889-1973. Conrad Aiken papers concerning Mr. Arcularis, 1956: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: b Shelved in one box with MS Am 2351
Call No.: MS Am 2352
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Aiken, Conrad, 1889-1973.
Title: Conrad Aiken papers concerning Mr. Arcularis
Date(s): 1956 and undated
Quantity: .2 linear feet (1 volume)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Materials for the publication of Conrad Aiken's Mr. Arcularis: A play published by Harvard University Press.
58M-58. Deposited by Conrad Aiken, Brewster, Massachusetts; received: 1958 July.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Conrad Aiken Papers Concerning Mr. Arcularis, 1956 (MS Am 2352). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Aiken was an American poet, novelist, and short-story writer. His Mr. Arcularis: A play was published by Harvard University Press in 1957.
Includes mimeograph printer's copy, drafts of the introduction, and the front matter
and layout prepared by Harvard University Press.
- Aiken, Conrad, 1889-. Mr. Arcularis; materials for its publication by the Harvard University Press, 1957.
- (1). [Text in mimeographed form prepared as printers' copy] 64f.(64p.)
The mimeographed version was prepared for a production by Basil Burwell at the Silvermine Theatre, Norwalk, Sep 1954. Minor revisions in the author's hand, editorial preparation by another hand, and compositor's
- (2). [Early draft of introduction] TS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 7f.(7p.)
With autograph revisions.
- (3). [Fragment of intermediate draft of introduction] TS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 2s.(2p.)
Pages 3 and 4, containing several long canceled passages.
- (4). [Final draft of introduction, used as printers' copy. TS.s. (initials); Brewster, Sep 1956. 7f.(7p.)
With autograph revisions, and with editorial preparation by another hand.
- (5). [Short draft of introduction, cast in the third person] TS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.]
Extensively revised in autograph.
- (6). [Front matter and layout, prepared by the Harvard University Press] TS. and MS.; Cambridge, 1957. 8f.(8p.)
- (7). [Proposed, and rejected, revision of introduction prepared by Miss A. L. Coffinof the Press] TS.; [Cambridge, 1956] 5f.(5p.)