MS Can 11.3-11.9
Carman, Bliss, 1861-1929. Bliss Carman papers, 1862-1912: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Can 11.3-11.9
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Carman, Bliss, 1861-1929.
Title: Bliss Carman papers,
Date(s): 1862-1912 and undated.
Quantity: 1 collection (.5 linear feet (7 volumes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Primarily poems and other literary works by Canadian poet Bliss Carman.
42M-973-1013F, 43M-697, 45M-237F, 46M-27. Gift of Dr. William Inglis Morse, 17 Fresh Pond Parkway, Cambridge, 38 Mass; Received: 1943 June 30; 1944 May 29; 1946 March 29; and 1946 October 2.
62M-2. Purchased with the Morse Fund; received: 1962 July 16.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Bliss Carman Papers, 1862-1912 (MS Can 11.3-11.9). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Carman was a Canadian poet.
Consists of poems and other literary writings, a pencil drawing of Carman by Oliver
Herford, clippings, photographs, and other items.
- MS Can 11.3. Carman, Bliss, 1861-1929. [A.ms.:] The poetry of morning. [New Canaan, Conn., 1911] f
Author's ms., published in The literary miscellany, v.4, no.3 (Autumn, 1911), p.54-63.
- MS Can 11.4. Carman, Bliss, 1861-1929. f
- [Typescript poem:] The councillors. Mt. Toby, [n.d.] 98 lines.
With ms. corrections.
- [A.ms.:] The councillors Mt. Toby, 1910. 110 lines.
- MS Can 11.5. Carman, Bliss, 1861-1929. [Poems], 1 Volumesf
- MS Can 11.6. Carman, Bliss, 1861-1929. [A.ms.:] The Yule guest, a ballad ... New York 
- MS Can 11.7. Carman, Bliss, 1861-1929. [A. ms.:] Daughters of dawn, a lyrical pageant ...
[New Canaan, Conn.? 1912?]
- MS Can 11.8. Carman, Bliss, 1861-1929. Miscellaneous Carman material. 1 Volumesf
- MS Can 11.9. Herford, Oliver, 1863-1935. Drawing: Bliss Carman as a stork. Pencil drawing (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 1s. (1p.).pf
On blank verso of leaf from unidentified printed book.