Autograph File, V
Autograph File, V, 1476-1947: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: Autograph File, V
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Autograph File, V,
Quantity: 1 collection (2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
Abstract: The Autograph File is an alphabetically arranged collection of single letters, manuscripts,
and drawings received from various sources at various times. Additions continue to
Received from various sources at various times. Accession information is given with
the item entry. The most recent addition to this portion of the Autograph File was
made 2013 August 6.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Autograph File, V, 1476-1987. Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Arranged alphabetically by author.
The Autograph File is a collection of items received singly or in small groups from
various sources at various times, and autograph collections, such as that of Evert
J. Wendell, which were not kept together as a distinct collection. Items in this portion
of the Autograph File include letters from Paul Valéry, Martin Van Buren, Jules Verne,
Queen Victoria of Great Britain, and Voltaire.
- Valéry, Paul, 1871-1945. Sonnet. TS.(unsigned); [n.p., n.d.]. 1s.(1p.)
With a note by Émile Henriot.
Removed from a copy of Valéry's Variété V.
Immediate Source of Acquisition: *65-1695 (5). Purchased with the Amy Lowell fund, May 1966.
- Vallentin, Antonina, 1893-1957, recipient. Letters from various correspondents, 1933-1935.
Accompanied by typed translations into French, plus one translation of a 1937 letter from Stefan Zweig not present in the original:
- Bruckner, Ferdinand, 1891-1958. AMs postcard; Folkestone (England), 1935 Aug. 19. 1s.(2p.)
- Mann, Heinrich, 1871-1950. ALs;Bandol (France), 1933 June 21. 1s.(1p.)
- Mann, Heinrich, 1871-1950. ALs;Briançon (France), 1935 July 6. 1s.(1p.)
- Mann, Heinrich, 1871-1950. ALs;Nice (France), 1935 Sept. 5. 1s.(1p.)
- Mann, Thomas, 1875-1955. ALs; Sanary (France), 1933Aug. 4. 1s.(1p.)
- Van Aernam, Henry, b. 1819. A. signature; [n.p.,n.d.] 1s.(1p.)
r.f. X 5.3*.
- Verhaeren, Emile, 1855-1916. 3 A.L.s.to Julius Bab:
- St. Cloud [24 Oct 1910] 1s.(2p.) env.
- Verlaine, Paul, 1844-1896. 3 A.L.s. to Arthur Symons:
- Paris, 10 Feb . 1s.(2p.)
- Paris, 30 Jun 1894. 1s.(2p.) env.
- Verne, Jules, 1828-1905. 2 A.L.s.to [Victorien] Sardou:
- [N.p.] 26 Aug 1900. 1s.(1p.)
- Very, Jones, 1813-1880. 2 A.L.s. to Frederick Goddard Tuckerman
- Salem, 25 Mar 1861. 1s.(2p.)
- Villard, Oswald Garrison, 1872-1949. 2 T.L.s. to Lewis Stiles Gannett:
- New York, 23 Dec 1940. 1s. (1p.)
- Voorhees, Daniel Wolsey, 1827-1897. 2 letters to Kate Scott Anderson:
- A.L.s.; Washington, 1 May 1893. 2s.(2p.)