Autograph File, U
Autograph File, U, 1689-1943: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: Autograph File, U
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Autograph File, U,
Quantity: 1 collection (.2 linear feet (1 box)
Abstract: The Autograph File is an alphabetically arranged collection of single letters, manuscripts,
and drawings received from various sources at various times. Additions continue to
Received from various sources at various times. Accession information is given with
the item entry. The most recent addition to this portion of the Autograph File was
made 2016 March 11.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Autograph File, U, 1689-1943. Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Arranged alphabetically by author.
The Autograph File is a collection of items received singly or in small groups from
various sources at various times, and autograph collections, such as that of Evert
J. Wendell, which were not kept together as a distinct collection. Items in this portion
of the Autograph File include letters from various United States government offices,
including the U.S. Army and the U.S. War Dept.
- Unidentified Signatures and autographs from the gift of Edwin R. Fairchild, Cambridge.
- Unidentified Signatures and autographs, from the bequest of Col. Charles Livermore, June 15, 1925
- Unidentified 2. ALS To John Fitch 1882 Apr. 10 New York 1p
- Unidentified Boston, March 12, 1777.
Concerning the sinking of the Diamond Frigate.
- Unidentified Newcastle, May 7, 1689.
- Unidentified partial typescript on the life of Phillips Brooks, undated. 5s.(5p.)
Pages are numbered from 40-44 and have manuscript revisions. On small three-ring binder
Also with 1 page typescript (marked "unfinished") on the history of St. Paul's School (Concord, New Hampshire).
Immediate Source of Acquisition: No accession number. Found with: MS Storage 281. Collection materials assembled by
- Union Club of Boston. Printed invitation; Boston, 13 Feb 1863. 1s.(2p.)
- U.S. Declaration of independence. [Facsimile of the signatures on the Declaration
of independence] Lithograph, attested by John Quincy Adams; [n.p.] 19 Apr 1819. 1s.(1p.)
- U.S. President, 1829-1837 (Jackson) MS. and printed D.s. on vellum; Washington, 1 Jun 1830. 1s.(1p.)
Signed also by John Henry Eaton, secretary of war.
Commission of Benjamin W. Kinsman as second lieutenant.
Immediate Source of Acquisition: *48M-335. Gift of Mrs. Gamaliel Bradford, 27 May 1942.
- Updike, Daniel Berkeley, 1860-1941. 3 T.L.s. to Kate T. Buss:
- Boston, 24 Mar 1913. 1s.(1p.)
- Same, 8 Apr 1913. 1s.(1p.)
- [Same] 9 Jan 1914. 1s.(1p.)