MS Ger 228
Bassermann, Dieter. Dieter Bassermann papers concerning Rainer Maria Rilke, 1953-1956:
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Ger 228
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Bassermann, Dieter.
Title: Dieter Bassermann papers concerning Rainer Maria Rilke,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 volume (.1 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in German.
Abstract: Letters and composition by German writer Dieter Bassermann concerning German poet
Ranier Maria Rilke.
55M-171-173. Gift of Mrs. Gisela Zuckmayer, 20 Ware Street Cambridge, Massachusetts; received: 1956 March.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Dieter Bassermann Papers Concerning Rainer Maria Rilke, 1953-1956 (MS Ger 228). Houghton
Library, Harvard University.
Dieter Bassermann was a German writer, translator, editor, buyer, and teacher. Rilke
was a German poet.
Arranged alphabetically by name.
Includes letters from Bassermann and his sister, Johanna Bassermann Baumann, to Gisela
Zuckmayer concerning Rilke, a composition by Bassermann titled, Orpheus und die grosse
Befreiung, and clippings.
- Bassermann, Dieter, 1887- 5 letters to Gisela Zuckmayer:
- (1). T.L.s.; Staufen, 15 July 1953. 1s. (2p.)
- (2). A.L.s.; same, 31 July 1953. 2s. (4p.) env.
- (3). A.L.s.; same, 2 September 1953. 6s. (12p.) env.
- (4). A.L.s.; same, 27 October 1953. 1s. (2p.)
- (5). A.L.s.; same, 1 December 1953. 1s. (1p.) postcard.
- (6). Bassermann, Dieter, 1887- Orpheus und die grosse Befreiung. TS. (carbon, with some MS. corrections); [n.p.] 1952. 20 f. (20p.) env.
- (7). Baumann, Johanna (Bassermann) A.L.s. to Gisela Zuckmayer; Hamburg, 24 February 1956, 2s. (3p.) env.
[Note: all of the foregoing concern in some degree Rainer Maria Rilke. Also included are clippings of 2 newspaper articles on Rilke by Bassermann.]