MS Am 2187
Richards, Rosalind, 1874-, collector. Rosalind Richards collection on Edward Arlington
Robinson, ca.1897-1944: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: b (shelved with bMS Am 2186-2188)
Call No.: MS Am 2187
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Richards, Rosalind, 1874-, collector.
Title: Rosalind Richards collection on Edward Arlington Robinson,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 3/4 box (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Collection on the American poet Edwin Arlington Robinson.
56M-218 - 56M-219. Gift of Miss Rosalind Richards, Gardiner, Maine; received: 1956 June.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Rosalind Richards Collection on Edward Arlington Robinson, ca.1897-1944 (MS Am 2187).
Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Edwin Arlington Robinson was an American poet and an acquaintance of the Richards
family from Gardiner, Maine.
Organized into the following series:
- I. Material about E.A. Robinson
- II. Letters from E.A. Robinson to Rosalind Richards
Includes letters from Robinson to Richards and materials concerning Robinson such
as photographs, clippings, pamphlets, notes, letters about Robinson, and other materials.
- Series: I. Material about E.A. Robinson
- (1). Letters concerning the appeal by the Robinson family. 1 folders
- (2). Letters concerning Edwin Arlington Robinson. 1 folders
- (3). Rosalind Richards's notes on some of E.A.R.'s poems. 1 folders
- (4). Notes by Henry Richards. 1 folders
- (5). Notes on E.A.R.'s letters to Laura E. Richards. 1 folders
- (6). Reprint of Lawrence J. Henderson, "Edwin Arlington Robinson," Proc. Am. Ac. of Arts and Sciences. 1 folders
- (7). Obituary of Lewis M. Isaacs, N. Y. Times, 13 Dec 1944. 1 folders
- (8). Clippings on Louis V. Ledoux and Ridgely Torrence. 1 folders
Also includes: Typescript transcript and typescript carbon transcript of letter from
Roberta Chalmers to the Editor of the New York Times; Gambier, Ohio,
Date: 1951 January 15. Letter concerns obit for Ridgely Torrence and his contribution to others,
including E. A. Robinson. [No accession number. Found with: MS Storage 281. Collection
materials assembled by Carolyn Jakeman].
- (9). Material on the E. A. Robinson Memorial, Gardiner Common. 6 folders
- (10). Booklets, newspaper clippings, etc., on E. A. R. 14 folders
- (11). Photographs of paintings by Lilla Cabot Perry, including one of E. A. R. 3 folders
- (12). Photographs: E. A. R. in group at Richards camp. 1 folders
- (13). Copy of a photograph of the "Quadruped." 1 folders
- (14). Photograph of Lawrence J. Henderson. 1 folders
- (15). Miscellany: photographs of Oaklands, etc. 2 folders
- Series: II. Letters from E. A. Robinson to Rosalind Richards
- Robinson, Edwin Arlington, 1869-1935. 6 A.L.s.to Rosalind Richards. 1 folders
- (16). [N.p.] 12 Nov 1897. 1s.(1p.) env.
- (17). [Cambridge] 22 Jan 1899. 1s.(1p.) env.
- (18). [Same, 3 Feb 1899] 1s.(1p.) env.
- (19). New York, 14 Oct 1902. 1s.(1p.)
in limerick form.
- (20). [N.p.,n.d.] 1s.(1p.) env.
- (21). [N.p.,n.d.] 1s.(1p.)