MS Eng 1149
Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878. George Cruikshank contracts and documents, 1823-1865:
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Eng 1149
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878.
Title: George Cruikshank contracts and documents,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 volume (.1 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Legal contracts and documents concerning his artistic, literary and personal affairs.
60M-174. Purchased with the C. M. and A. H. Parker funds; received: Apr. 1961.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
George Cruikshank Contracts and Documents, 1823-1865 (MS Eng 1149). Houghton Library,
Cruikshank was an English artist and caricaturist.
Nine manuscript documents, signed, including property leases, a debt note, and contracts
for the publication of articles, exhibition of an artistic work, and production of
- (1). Lease, from George Tindall, of 25 Middleton Terrace, Pentonville; 30 Aug 1823. 1s.(2p.)
- (2). Contract, with Bradbury & Evans, for publication of George Cruikshank's Table Book, a monthly; 24 Dec 1844. 1s.(4p.)
- (3). Lease, from Robert Brown, of 48 Mornington Place, Hampstead Road; 20 May 1847. 1s.(2p.)
- (4). Agreement, with Joseph Kershner, for the production of Cruikshank's play The Drunkard's Children, at the Surrey Theatre, Blackfriars Road; 21 Jun 1848. 1s.(2p.)
- (5). Lease, from Robert Brown, of 48 Mornington Place, Hampstead Road; 22 Nov 1849. 1s.(3p.)
- (6). Agreement, with Joseph Hogarth, for the exhibition, engraving, and publication of a picture by Cruikshank, The Culprit Detected; not finally dated or signed, 1853. 1s.(2p.)
- (7). Tripartite note, with George Linstead and John Whitehead, involving the borrowing of 50 pounds by Whitehead; 27 Oct 1858. 1s.(2p.)
- (8). Contract, with W. Kent & Co., for publication of Scraps and Sketches, in ten parts; 7 Dec 1858. 1s.(2p.)
- (9). Lease, from Robert Brown, of 263 Hampstead Road; 17 May 1865. 1s.(4p.)