MS Am 2126
Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955. Langdon Warner correspondence, 1906-1946: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 2126
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955.
Title: Langdon Warner correspondence,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.3 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Letters and typescript of Fogg Art Museum curator Langdon Warner.
71M-104. Gift of Mrs. Carl Pickhardt, 66 Forest Street, Sherbourne, Massachusetts 01770; received: 1972 March 20.
Collection was formerly restricted until March 1997.
Collection is temporarily closed for processing.
Langdon Warner Correspondence, 1906-1946 (MS Am 2126). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Langdon Warner was a graduate of the Harvard College Class of 1903, a Harvard historian
of East Asian art, and curator at the Fogg Art Museum.
Letters address the Fogg Museum and Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, financing employees
at the Fogg Museum, acquisitions in Japan and Japanese rare books and artwork. Letters
also concern Langdon's experiences in Japan, including being held up by bandits and
his complaints of other men on the expedition, in particular Daniel Thompson. Langdon
also discusses his trip to London: poem by Warner, the Moro; and telegrams.
- (1). Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955. 1 letter to Edward [Waldo Forbes]; 1925.
For other letters by Langdon Warner to Edward Waldo Forbes, see item no. 4.
- (2). Forbes, Edward Waldo. 4 letters to Langdon Warner; 1928-1938.
Nos. 1 and 3 retained carbon copies; no. 4 telegram.
- (3). Sachs, Paul Joseph, 1878-1965. 1 letter to Edward Waldo Forbes; 1927.
Enclosed are a letter by Langdon Warner to Paul Joseph Sachs, and a letter (carbon copy) by Paul Joseph Sachs to Langdon Warner;
- (4). Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955. 30 letters to Edward Waldo Forbes; 1922-1946 and [n.d.].
Nos. 1,2,5,6,11,24,27,28 with TS. copies; no. 9 telegram.
- (5). Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955. 1 letter (draft) to Paul Pelliot; [n.d.].
With TS. copy.
- Langdon Warner correspondence,
Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955. 1 letter to Paul Joseph Sachs; see item no. 3.
- (6). Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955. The Moro. TS.s.; Jolo, Dec 1906. 1s. (2p.).