MS Am 1192-1192.13
Forbes, W. Cameron (William Cameron), 1870-1959. W. Cameron Forbes additional papers,
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: MS, f
Call No.: MS Am 1192-1192.13
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Forbes, W. Cameron (William Cameron), 1870-1959.
Title: W. Cameron Forbes additional papers,
Quantity: 1 collection (14.8 linear feet (3 boxes, 64 volumes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Papers of American businessman William Cameron Forbes.
50M-50F-62F, 52M-234. Deposited by Hon. W. Cameron Forbes, Upland Road, Norwood, Massachusets; received: 1950 October; gift: 1951. [(f & b) MS Am 1192 - 1192.12]
52M-234. Gift of Hon. W. Cameron Forbes, 614 Sears Building, Boston, Massachusetts; received: 1953 January 20. [fMS Am 1192.13]
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
W. Cameron Forbes Additional Papers, 1904-1931 (MS Am 1192-1192.13). Houghton Library,
Forbes was an American business and government executive. He served as governor-general
of the Philippines, 1909-1913, and ambassador to Japan, 1930-1932.
Includes: journals concerning Forbes' administration of the Philippines, 1904-1911,
and scrapbooks with copies of outgoing correspondence, speeches, and memorabilia about
political, economic, and other matters in the Philippines, 1904-1931; copies of Forbes'
reports, including photographs, on the Philippines and Haiti, 1921 and 1930; U.S.
Philippine Commission railway records; and printed maps of the Philippines. Also includes
a bound index (fMS Am 1192.13) to the first series (the first 5 volumes), of the journals
(complete typescript journals found under MS Am 1365).
- MS Am 1192. Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959. Journals. A.MS.; [v.p.] 1904-1911. 4v.
Chiefly concerned with Forbes's administration of the Philippine islands.
- MS Am 1192.1. Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959. Philippine data: political. MS., TS., and periodical cuttings; [v.p.] 1904-1915. 21v.f (volume 1 only)
V. 1 begins with a memorandum explaining how Forbes arranged his papers.
- MS Am 1192.2. Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959. Philippine data: executive. MS., TS., and periodical cuttings; [v.p.] 1909-1917. 5v.
- MS Am 1192.3. Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959. Philippine data: departmental. MS., TS., and periodical cuttings; [v.p.] 1904-1909.
- MS Am 1192.4. Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959. Philippine data: personal. MS., TS., and periodical cuttings; [v.p.] 1904-1922. 16v.
- MS Am 1192.5. Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959. Newspaper clippings: personal; [v.p.] 1904-1931. 8v.
- MS Am 1192.6. Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959. General [periodical cuttings, etc.]; [v.p.] 1908-1922. 2v.
- MS Am 1192.7. Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959. [Miscellaneous Philippine data] MS., TS., and periodical cuttings; [v.p., v.d.] 3 boxes
Includes various official and unofficial reports.
- MS Am 1192.8. Maps of the Philippines by provinces. Printed maps with TS. commentary; Manila, 1912. 1v.
- MS Am 1192.9. U. S. Philippine commission, 1900-1916. File of railroad cablegrams...[etc.] MS. and TS.; [v.p.] 1905-1907. 1v.
- MS Am 1192.10. U. S. Philippine commission, 1900-1916. Philippine commission railway records. MS. and TS.; [v.p.] 1906-1907. 1v.
- MS Am 1192.11. U. S. Commission for study and review of conditions in Haiti. ...Report... Washington, 1930. 1v.
W. Cameron Forbes's copy, copiously illustrated with original photographs, typed copies of exhibits and memoranda, etc.
- MS Am 1192.12. U. S. Special mission on investigation to the Philippines. Report... Manila, 1921. 1v.
W. Cameron Forbes's copy, copiously illustrated with original photographs.
- MS Am 1192.13. [Forbes, W. Cameron, 1870-1959]. Index [to the first series, the first five volumes, of the journals]. TS. (unsigned);
[n.p., n.d.] 55f.(55p.) in 1v.
[NOTE: These journals can be found in typescript form in MS Am 1365. The complete index to the journals is available in electronic form in the electronic
finding aid on OASIS and a complete printed (photocopy) version can also be found
under MS Am 1366.4].