MS Am 2153
Guerrier, Edith, 1870-1958, collector. Edith Guerrier collection of portraits, 19th-century:
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: b [Shelved with bMS Am 2154 and bMS Am 2155]
Call No.: MS Am 2153
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Guerrier, Edith, 1870-1958, collector.
Title: Edith Guerrier collection of portraits,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 folder (.1 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Photographic portraits assembled by American collector Edith Guerrier.
43M-540-43M-541; 43M-543-43M-545; and 43M-549. Gift of Miss Edith Guerrier, 80 Nottinghill Road Brighton, Mass.; received: 1944 February 18.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Edith Guerrier Collection of Portraits, 19th-century (MS Am 2153). Houghton Library,
Includes photographs of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Bronson Alcott Pratt,
Elizabeth Sewall Pratt, Helen Thoreau, John Thoreau; and other materials.
- (2). Emerson, Ralph Waldo, 1803-1882. [Portrait: reproduction of daguerrotype? dated 1859] [n.p., n.d.].
- (3). Pratt, Bronson Alcott, 1889- [Portrait: photograph (aet. 5 yrs. 4 mos.) with Elizabeth Sewall Pratt (aet. 3 yrs)] [Waltham, Mass., 1894]
- (4). Ricketson, Daniel, 1813-1898. [Wood-engraving of Daniel Ricketson's "shanty" in which he and Thoreau often compared notes] [n.p., n.d.]
- (5). Thoreau, Helen, d.1849. [Portrait: photographic reproduction of a daguerrotype] [Concord, Mass., 18--].
- (6). Thoreau, John, d.1842. [Portrait: photograph of oil painting by Sophia Thoreau, now in possession of the Concord antiquarian society] [Concord, Mass., n.d.]
- (7). Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862. [Portrait: from pencil sketch by Daniel Ricketson] [n.p., n.d.].
"N.D. Thoreau as he presented himself at the door of Brooklawn Dec. 25th 1854 - Age
- (8). Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862. [Portrait: photograph as middle-aged man] [n.p., n.d.].
on verso: "From ambrotype by Dunshee, 1861."
- (9). Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862. [Portrait: photographs of a bust by Walton Ricketson] [n.p., n.d.].
2 items, different views.