MS Thr 268-269
Irish National Theatre. Irish National Theatre prompt books, 1902-1906: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Thr 268-269
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Irish National Theatre.
Title: Irish National Theatre prompt books,
Quantity: 1 collection (.1 linear feet (2 volumes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Prompt books for productions of plays by Padraic Colum and others at the Irish National
69M-119. Purchased with the Duplicates fund; received: 1969 July 29.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Irish National Theatre Prompt Books, 1902-1906 (MS Thr 268-289). Harvard Theatre Collection,
Houghton Library, Harvard University.
The Irish National Theatre was founded in 1903 by W.B. Yeats and Lady Augusta Gregory.
With patronage from Miss Annie Horniman, premises were purchased on Old Abbey Street,
and on December 27th 1904, the Abbey Theatre opened its doors. The Abbey and Peacock
Theatres constitute the National Theatre of Ireland, which is managed by the Irish
National Theatre Society Ltd.
Includes prompt books for plays by Cú Uladh,(Peter T. MacGinley), Padraic Colum, and
Lady Augusta (Persse) Gregory for productions by the Irish National Theatre and the
Theatre of Ireland.
- MS Thr 268. Colum, Padraic, 1881- An talam [translated by Tadhg Ó Donnchadha]. MS. (in an unidentified hand); [Dublin] 28 Mar 1906. 9s.(10p.)
Copybook for production by Theatre of Ireland, 1906.
- MS Thr 269. Irish national theatre society, Dublin. [Copybooks]. MS. (in various hands) and printed text; [Dublin, 1902-1903] 52f.(34p.).
Contains the following copybooks:
- (1) MacGinley, Peter T. Eilís agus an Bhean Déirce. MS. (in an unidentified
hand);[Dublin, 1902] 15f.(16p.) ff. 1-15.
Copybook [for production by Irish National Dramatic Co.; Oct 1902].
- (2) Colum, Padraic, 1881- The saxon shillin' [promptbook]. Printed text with MS. revisions
and stage directions in an unidentified hand; [Dublin, n.d.] 6f.(6p.). ff.
- (3) Gregory, Augusta (Persse), lady, 1852-1932. Twenty-five. Printed text with MS. revisions and stage directions
in the hand of William George Fay, and in unidentified hands;
[Dublin, 1903] ff. 36v-42.
Promptbook for production by Irish National Theatre Society, Mar 1903.