MS Am 1671
Shepard, Thomas, 1605-1649. Thomas Shepard papers, 1633-1643: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 1671
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Shepard, Thomas, 1605-1649.
Title: Thomas Shepard papers,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Papers of American pastor Thomas Shepard.
61M-94. Deposited by the Shepard Historical Society care of Mrs George W. Howe; received: 1961.
Item (1) is restricted. The rest of this collection is open for research.
Thomas Shepard Papers, 1633-1643 (MS Am 1671). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Shepard was a Congregational minister. He was pastor of the First Church and Parish
in Cambridge, Mass. (1636-1649).
Consists of Shepard's autobiography, sermons, and other papers including the New Testament
and Psalms in shorthand. There is a negative photostat of the text of Shepard's autobiography
as well as a copy of the edition prepared by Nehemiah Adams and published in 1832.
- (1) Restricted. Shepard, Thomas, 1605-1649. [Autobiography] A.MS.s.; [Cambridge, n.d.] 118f.(118p.)
Original brown calf.
Contains also other notes, and some inscriptions by other hands.
With this is a negative photostat of the text and a copy of the edition by Nehemiah Adams (Boston, 1832).
Shelved as an MS. and restricted. May not be seen without permission of the curator.
- (2). Shepard, Thomas, 1605-1649. [Sermons] A.MS.(unsigned); [Cambridge] 1638-1640. 151f. (285p.)
Modern flexible black morocco.
- (3). Shepard, Thomas, 1605-1649. [Sermon] A.MS.(unsigned); [Cambridge] 29 Mar 1643. 10f.(20p.)
Modern brown morocco.
- (4). Shepard, Thomas, 1605-1649. To ministers of Assembly. A.MS.(unsigned); [n.p.,n.d.] 1s.(4p.)
- (5). Richards, Henry. [New Testament and Psalms (Sternhold and Hopkins) in shorthand] A.MS.s.; [n.p.] 1633. 1v.
Defective at both beginning and end.