MS Am 1795
Robinson, Fred Norris, 1871-1966, collector. Fred Norris Robinson collection, 1907-1930:
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 1795
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Robinson, Fred Norris, 1871-1966, collector.
Title: Fred Norris Robinson collection
Quantity: .5 linear feet (1 box)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Letters to medieval scholar Fred Norris Robinson as well as essays and other compositions
by medieval scholars George Lyman Kittredge and John Strong Perry Tatlock.
66M-92. Gift of The Estate of Fred Norris Robinson, Francis H. Brooks, Esq., executor, State Street Bank and Trust, 111 Franklin Street,
Boston, Massachusetts; received: 1966 November.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Images linked to the finding aid describing this collection are intended for public
access and educational use. This material is owned and/or held by the Houghton Library,
and is provided solely for the purpose of teaching or individual research. Any other
use, including commercial reuse, mounting on other systems, or other forms of redistribution
requires the permission of the curator.
Fred Norris Robinson Collection, 1907-1930 (MS Am 1795). Houghton Library, Harvard
Fred Norris Robinson was a Chaucerian scholar and professor of medieval English at
Harvard University, as was George Lyman Kittredge. John Strong Perry Tatlock taught
medieval English at University of California, Berkeley.
Arranged alphabetically by author.
A notebook by George Lyman Kittredge, letters from Theodore Roosevelt to Robinson,
four essays by John Strong Perry Tatlock and a letter from Tatlock to Robinson.
- (1). Kittredge, George Lyman, 1860-1941. A.MS.s. notebook; [n.p., n.d.]. 1v.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, pres. U.S., 1858-1919. 2 T.L.s. to Fred Norris Robinson; 1907-1912.
- (4). Tatlock, John Strong Perry, 1876-1948. Chaucer and the Legenda Aurea. TS.s. (carbon copy); [n.p., n.d.]. 3s.(3p.)
- (5). Tatlock, John Strong Perry, 1876-1948. Chaucer's `Bernard the Monk'. TS.s. (carbon copy); [n.p., n.d.]. 2s.(2p.)
- (6). [Tatlock, John Strong Perry, 1876-1948.] Chaucer's Sir Thopas. TS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.]. 12s.(12p.)
- (7). Tatlock, John Strong Perry, 1876-1948. A.L.s. (initials) to Fred Norris Robinson; Berkeley, 11 Feb 1930. 1s.(1p.)
- (8). [Tatlock, John Strong Perry, 1876-1948.] Notes on the Saint Cecilia Legend. TS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.]. 1s.(1p.)