MS Eng 1106.1
Book collectors miscellaneous papers, 1649-1937: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Eng 1106.1
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Title: Book collectors miscellaneous papers,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Abstract: Letters dealing with book or manuscript acquisitions by American, English, and French
Received from various sources at various times. Acquisition information recorded with
items listed below.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Book Collectors Miscellaneous Papers, 1649-1937 (MS Eng 1106.1). Houghton Library,
Arranged alphabetically by author.
Chiefly letters dealing with book or manuscript acquisitions by American, English,
and French book collectors, including over 30 letters of Evert Jansen Wendell and
letters from Sir Alexander Boswell and Thomas Frognall Dibdin.
- Allen, Charles Dexter, 1865-1926. A.L.s.to [Ernest Lewis] Gay; Brooklyn, 12 Apr 1905. 1s.(2p.)
No date or source.
- Carter, John, 1905- A.L.s. to George Parker Winship; New York, [n.d.]. 1s.(2p.).
- Gilbertson, George. A.L.s. to H.E. Chapman;Wallasey, 16 Mar 1925. 1s. (1p.)
removed from *69-392.
- Keynes, Sir Geoffrey, 1887- T.L.s. to [John Livingston] Lowes; London, 26 Apr 1937. 1s.(2p.).
- Keynes, Sir Geoffrey, 1887- 2 letters to George Parker] Winship: A.L.s.; London, 19 Mar 1929. 1s.(2p.). T.L.s.; same, 3 Sep 1929. 1s.(1p.).
- Lowes, John Livingston, 1867-1945. A.L.(draft, unsigned) to [Thomas William] Lamont; [n.p.,n.d.]. 1s.(2p.).
- Lowes, John Livingston, 1867-1945. T.L.(unsigned) to Geoffrey Keynes; Cambridge, 7 Apr 1937. 1s.(1p.).
With A.MS. corrections and revisions, and 2 carbon copies. [n.s.,n.d.]
- Melton, Wightman Fletcher, 1867- T.L.s. to Charles Eliot Norton;Baltimore, 29 Oct 1906. 11s.(11p.)
- Tac___, James. A.L.s. to [ ] Simmons;Bath, 9 Oct 1780? 1s.(4p.)
An order from a bookseller to a printer. n.d.,n.s.
- Upcott, William, 1779-1845. A.L.s. to Frances Lokien; London, 22 Jul 1806. 1s. (4p.)
- Warren, Minton. 2 letters to Charles Eliot Norton: A.L.s.; Cambridge, 4 Feb 1900. 1s.(1p.) env. A.L.s.; [n.p.] 6 Feb 1900. 2s.(2p.)
- Wells, Edgar Huidekoper, 1875-1938. [Note concerning the English hermit] A.MS.s.; New York, 11 May 1927. 1s.(2p.)
removed from *EC7.18675.727h.