MS Mus 122-122.1
Pinkham, Daniel. Daniel Pinkham scores, 1949-1964: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Mus 122-122.1
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Pinkham, Daniel.
Title: Daniel Pinkham scores,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Manuscript scores and compositions of the American composer Daniel Pinkham.
65M-101 and 65M-201. Gift of Daniel Pinkham, 154 Foster Street Cambridge, Massachusetts; received: 1965 December and 1966 June 22.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Daniel Pinkham scores, 1949-1964 (MS Mus 122-122.1). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Pinkham (1923- ) is an American composer.
Arranged alphabetically by title.
Primarily autograph manuscript musical compositions by Pinkham as well as a letter
from Robert Hillyer.
- Series: MS Mus 122
- (1). Concertante for organ, brass and percussion. A.MS.s.; [n.p. Jan. 1964] 31s. (31p.)
Composition for the dedication of The Peabody Memorial Organ, King's Chapel, Boston.
- (2). 8 poems of Gerard Manley Hopkins. A.MS.s.; [n.p., 1964] 20s. (30p.)
8 songs for baritone and viola; commissioned by The Harvard Association.
- (3). Partita for harpsichord. A.MS.s.; [n.p., 1958] 29s. (29p.)
Composition commissioned by Station WGBH in Boston.
- Series: MS Mus 122.1
- (1). Elegy. A.MS.s.; Lynn, Apr 1949. 2s.(2p.)
Song for voice and piano on a poem by Robert Hillyer.
- (2). Four short pieces for organ (manuals) A.MS.s.; [n.p.] Sep 1962. 7s.(7p.)
- (3). Mass of the word of God. A.MS.s.; [n.p., n.d.]. 24s.(24p.)
Mass for congregation, chorus and organ.
- (4). Psalm-motet V. A.MS.s.; [n.p., n.d.]. 2s.(4p.)
Motet for chorus of mixed voices with optional organ.
- (5). Slow, slow fresh fount. A.MS.s.; Peterborough, N. H., Jun 1949. 4s.(4p.)
Song for voice and piano on a poem by Ben Jonson.
- (6). Sonata no. 2 for organ and strings. A.MS.s.; [n.p.] 1954. 34s.(34p.)
Score and parts.
- (7). Song of Jephtha's daughter. A.MS.s.; Cambridge, 2 Oct 1963. 21s.(21p.)
Cantata for soprano and piano with optional parts for baritone and a chorus of women's
voices; on a poem by Robert Hillyer.
- (8). Hillyer, Robert, 1895- Song of Jephtha's daughter. TS.s.; [n.p., ca. 1949]. 5s.(5p.)
- (9). Hillyer, Robert, 1895-. T.L.s. to Daniel Pinkham; Warwick Towers, 29 May [1949?]. 1s.(1p.)