MS Thr 149
Covent Garden Theatre. Covent Garden Theatre documents concerning finances and personnel,
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Thr 149
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Covent Garden Theatre.
Title: Covent Garden Theatre documents concerning finances and personnel,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 volume (.1 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Documents concerning the finances and personnel of the Covent Garden Theatre in London.
65M-64. Purchased with the F.E. Chase fund from Ifan Kyrle Fletcher, 22 Buckingham Gate, London S.W.I.; received: 1965 October 13.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Covent Garden Theatre Documents Concerning Finances and Personnel, 1807-1822 (MS Thr
149). Harvard Theatre Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard University.
The Covent Garden Theatre was built by John Rich in London in 1732. Also known as
the Royal Opera House.
Includes manuscripts listing members of the company, plays performed with daily receipts,
box and doorkeepers with salaries, new establishment of servants, servants and chairwomen,
placekeepers, employees in the tailor's department, servants paid by the box-keeper
Mr. Brandon, and a statement regarding salaries.
- Covent garden theatre, London. [Documents relating to finances and personnel] 9 MS.D.; London, 1807-1822. 1v.
- (1). List of the company. MS.; [London] 1819. 1s.(3p.)
- (2). [List of plays performed with daily receipts] MS.; [London] 1807-1821. 10s.(25p.)
- (3). [List of box and doorkeepers with salaries] MS.; [London] 1815-1822. 14s.(19p.)
- (4). Proposed list of the new establishment of servants. MS.; [London] 1820-1822. 3s.(7p.)
- (5). A List of servants and chairwomen. MS.; [London] 1815-1819. 2s.(2p.)
- (6). A List of placekeepers. MS.; [London, n.d.]. 1s.(1p.)
- (7). [List of employees in the tailor's department] MS.; [London] 1820-1822. 1s.(1p.)
- (8). Servants paid by Mr. Brandon. MS.; [London] 1820-1821. 1s.(2p.)
- (9). [Statement regarding salaries] MS.; [London, ca. 1821]. 1s.(2p.)