MS Thr 133
Ballou, Ellen Bartlett, 1905-, recipient. Ellen Bartlett Ballow letters from various
correspondents, 1926-1937: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Thr 133
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Ballou, Ellen Bartlett, 1905-, recipient.
Title: Ellen Bartlett Ballow letters from various correspondents,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Letters to American author Ellen Bartlett Ballou from various correspondents.
64M-222. Gift of Mrs. Norman Ballou, 25 George Street, Providence, Rhode Island; received: 1965 February.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material. Collection is open
Ellen Bartlett Ballow Lletters from Various Correspondents, 1926-1937 (MS Thr 133).
Harvard Theatre Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Ballou (1905-1995) was an American author.
Letters to Ballou address topics of theater and play production, including letters
from the Poet's Theater discussing plays being produced at the Fogg Art Museum and
potential parts that Ballou could act. Other solicitations for Ballou come from the
Provincetown Playhouse asking her to act in plays, and several letters from casting
directors informing Ballou that parts have already been filled. Letters from the Barnswallows
Dramatic Association at Wellesley College advise Ballou on her acting career. Also
included in the collection are two programs from the plays The Belt and The Centuries,
- (1). Basshe, Emanuel Jo, 1899-. T.L.s.; [n.p.] Feb . 1s.(1p.)
- (2). Berssenbrugge, W.B. T.L.s.; Cambridge, 5 Feb 1937. 1s.(1p.)
- (3-5). Birmingham, Alan. 3 A.L.s.;  - 1928.
Date:  - 1928.
- (6). Briscoe, Johnson. T.L.s.; New York, 3 Sep 1927. 1s.(1p.)
- (7). Chatfield - Taylor, Otis. T.L.s.; New York, 17 Sep 1935. 1s.(1p.)
- (8). Crothers, Rachel, 1878-1955. T.L.s.; Danbury, 26 Aug . 1s.(1p.)
- (9). Fitzgerald, M. Eleanor. T.L.s.; New York, 10 Oct 1927. 1s.(1p.)
- (10). McClintic, Guthrie, 1893-. T.L.s.; New York, 7 Sep 1927. 1s.(1p.)
- (11-15). Macgowan, Kenneth, 1888-. 5 T.L.s.; 1926-1931.
- (16). Pottle, Emery Bemsley, 1875-. A.L.s. (Gilbert Emery); New York, 15 Dec . 1s.(1p.)
- (17). Revere, Annie, 1907-. T.L.s.; New York, [1934?]. 1s.(1p.)
- (18). Simonson, Lee, 1888-. A.L.s.; New York, 16 Sep . 1s.(1p.)
- (19). Symon, Burk. A.L.s.; Dennis, 22 Jul 1936. 2s.(2p.)
- (20). Flanagan, Hallie (Ferguson) 1890-. T.L.s. to [Mrs.] Dwight K. Bartlett; Washington D.C., 10 Dec 1936. 1s.(1p.)
- (21). New playwrights theatre. 2 programs; 1927-1928. 1 folders
For The belt and The centuries.
- (22). photographs and misc.; 1 folders