MS Eng 1194-MS Eng 1195
Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878. George Cruikshank papers concerning The recollections,
1876 and undated: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Eng 1194-MS Eng 1195
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878 .
Title: George Cruikshank papers concerning The recollections,
Date(s): 1876 and undated.
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box and 1 volume (.66 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Autograph manuscript of the recollections and related materials of the English artist
and caricaturist George Cruikshank.
62M-155 and 62M-156. Purchased with the Amy Lowell fund; received: 1962 July.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
George Cruikshank Papers Concerning The Recollections, 1876 and Undated (MS Eng 1194-1195). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Cruikshank was an English artist and caricaturist.
Includes autograph manuscript of The recollections. Also includes autograph manuscript notes for The recollections, letters by various correspondents concerning the publication of Cruikshank's memoirs,
and autograph manuscript in an unidentified hand versions of Memoir of George Cruikshank by Sir Benjamin Ward Richardson.
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878. The recollections...with sketches, etchings, etc. etc. etc. A.MS.s.; [n.p., ca. 1876] 135s. (146p.)
Unpublished, in large part. Covers the earlier part of his life.
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878. The recollections...[Materials, autograph and by various other hands:]
- (1). Same. The recollections... MS. (transcript by Eliza Cruikshank); [n.p., n.d.] 146s. (148p.)
- (2-43). Same. [The recollections: packets of notes] A.MS.s.; [v.p., n.d.] 164s. (261p.)
These notes were pinned together in groups, each of which has been placed in a separate
folder. Numerous small rough sketches throughout.
- (44). Same. [Scrapbook of notes for his Recollections] A.MS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 1v.
- (45). Same. [Loose notes removed from the preceding scrapbook] A.MS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 11s. (20p.)
- (46). Letters by various hands concerning publication of Cruikshank's memoirs; 1872-1887. 16 pieces.
- (47). Richardson, Sir Benjamin Ward, 1828-1896. [Memoir of George Cruikshank] A.MS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 77s. (77p.)
- (48). Same. [Memoir of George Cruikshank] MS. (unidentified hand); [n.p.] 32s. (32p.)
Transcript of a portion of No. 47.
- (49). Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878. Drawings...prepared by him to illustrate an intended autobiography. Published for Sir Benjamin Ward Richardson. London, 1895. 1v.
One of 50 copies on India paper; unnumbered. Original printed wrappers.