MS Eng 1316
Coleridge, Hartley, 1796-1849. Hartley Coleridge poems: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Eng 1316
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Coleridge, Hartley, 1796-1849.
Title: Hartley Coleridge poems,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 volume (.1 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Poems of English poet Hartley Coleridge.
*75M-86. Purchased with the Norton Perkins fund; received: 1976 January 28.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Hartley Coleridge Poems (MS Eng 1316). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Coleridge was an English poet.
Contains ten autograph manuscript poems by Coleridge and several letters from Coleridge
to various correspondents concerning his writings and the periodical The New monthly
- (1-10). Coleridge, Hartley, 1796-1849. [10 poems] A.MS.s.; [n.p.] 1831 & [n.d.]. 10s.(17p.)
- "A few there are whose well earn'd happy lot..."
- Eclipse; publ. The complete poetical works..., ed. R. Colles.
- Good morrow, good St. Valentine...
- How sweet the plaint of that lone Nightingale...
- Mary, sweet namesake of the mother meek...
- Sorrow hath been within thy dwelling, child...
- There was a little plot of level ground..., publ.
- To the memory of James Greenwood; publ.
- What is the worth of knowledge? It is shown...
- Yes, there is verse for every age...
- (11). Coleridge, Hartley, 1796-1849. A.L.s. to [Mrs. Crossfield]; Knabbe, 30 Nov 1840. 1s.(2p.)
- (12). Coleridge, Hartley, 1796-1849. A.L.s. to Thomas Hood,Grasmere, 7 Oct 1831. 1s.(4p.)
- (13). Coleridge, Hartley, 1796-1849. MS.L. to Betsy ; [n.p.,n.d.] 2s.(3p.)
- (14). Hillard, George Stillman, 1808-1879. MS.L. to a Boston paper; [n.p.] 14 Sep 1848. 1s.(1p.)
Contains poem "Sure I would love the memory of those men..."by Hartley Coleridge.