MS Am 1915 -1915.3
Frost, Robert, 1874-1963. Robert Frost poems: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 1915 -1915.3
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Frost, Robert, 1874-1963.
Title: Robert Frost poems,
Quantity: 1 collection (.25 linear feet (4 volumes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Poems by the American poet Robert Frost.
*75M-4. Gift of E. Hyde Cox; received: 1975.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Robert Frost Poems (MS Am 1915-1915.3). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Frost was an American poet.
Arranged alphabetically by title.
Consists of manuscripts of poems by Frost, some inscribed to the donor, Hyde Cox.
Includes drafts, fragments, and poems later published under different titles.
- MS Am 1915 ‡ (1). Frost, Robert, 1875-1963. A cabin in the clearing. A.MS.s.; [n.p.], 26 Nov 1951. 2s. (3p.).
Inscribed to Hyde Cox.
- MS Am 1915.2 ‡(3). Frost, Robert, 1875-1963. Kitty Hawk. A.MS.s.; Miami, 26 Feb 1957. 5s. (5p.).
Inscribed to Hyde Cox.
- MS Am 1915.3 (a) ‡(4). Frost, Robert, 1875-1963. [Notebook]. A.MS.s.; [n.p.], 1961. 10s. (4p.).
Contains three poems:
- S. 1 Peril of hope. Inscribed to Hyde Cox.
- S. 2-3 I only say it is worth thinking of.... [first line].
- S. 4 [Four room shack...].
- MS Am 1915.3 (b) ‡(5). Frost, Robert, 1875-1963. [Notebook]. A.MS.; [n.p., n.d.]. 23s. (9p.).
- S. 1 A next to nearly naught song. Published as A never naught song.
- S. 2 A might be song. Published as Version.
- S. 3 Worksheet. Contains the following poems: On a lump of purest iron (published as From iron), It takes all sorts..., and Forgive O Lord; also contains unidentified fragments.
- S. 4 There's an academic doubt.... [first line].
- S. 5 Away!
- S. 6 But outer Space...
- S. 7 Worksheet Contains the following poems: No problem at all, Education, Time out, Prayer (published as Forgive, O Lord...), and Oh if you wonder at the waste of seed.... [first line].
- S. 8 The purpose of creation won't express.... [first line].
- S. 9 Peril of hope.
- (6). Frost, Robert, 1875-1963. Some science fiction. A.MS.; [n.p., n.d.]. 2s. (3p.).
Date: MS Am 1915.3 (c)
S. 2 contains A.MS. draft of Four room shack....