MS Am 1801.1
Berenson, Bernard, 1865-1959. Bernard Berenson additional correspondence: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 1801.1
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Berenson, Bernard, 1865-1959.
Title: Bernard Berenson additional correspondence,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Abstract: Correspondence concerning Rumor and reflection, the war-time diary of art historian Bernard Berenson.
*75M-104. Gift of Brandt & Brandt, 101 Park Avenue New York, New York 10017; received: 1971 December.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Bernard Berenson Additional Correspondence (MS Am 1801.1). Houghton Library, Harvard
Berenson, an art historian and leading authority on Italian Renaissance painting,
was born in Lithuania, grew up in Boston, and from 1900 lived in his Villa I Tatti,
Contains correspondence between publisher, Simon and Schuster, literary agent, Brandt
& Brandt, and Berenson's secretary, Nicky Mariano, concerning the publication of Berenson's
war-time diary Rumor and reflection.
- (1). Berenson, Bernard, 1865-1959. 2 letters to Max Lincoln Schuster; 1952. Copies made by Max Lincoln Schuster.
- (2). Brandt and Brandt. 9 letters to Nicky Mariano; 1951-1953.
- (3). Brandt and Brandt. 13 letters to Simon and Schuster; 1952.
- (4). Mariano, Nicky. 6 letters to Brandt and Brandt; 1950-1952.
- (5). Schuster, Max Lincoln, 1897- 12 letters to Bernard Berenson; 1952. Carbon copies sent to Brandt and Brandt. Items 2, 5, 7-9, and 11-12 are also
addressed to Nicky Mariano.
- (6). Schuster, Max Lincoln, 1897- 1 letter to Nicky Mariano; 1952. Also see no. 5.
- (7). Simon and Schuster, firm, publisher, New York. 12 letters to Brandt and Brandt; 1951-1953.
- (8). [Letters to and from Brandt and Brandt and various publishers concerning Bernard Berenson], 1951-1953. 2 folders