MS Am 1933
Sewall family. Sewall family papers: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 1933
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Sewall family.
Title: Sewall family papers,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Correspondence and other papers of the Sewall family of Massachusetts and St. Paul,
*76M-38. Gift of Rada Dyson-Hudson, Department of Anthropology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853;received: 1976 November.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Sewall Family Papers (MS Am 1933). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
The Sewalls in this collection lived in Massachusetts and Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Arranged alphabetically by author.
Consists of correspondence between family members, mostly on personal matters: weddings,
births, visits, and household moves, though the earliest letter predicts the British
defeat in North America. Also contains two unidentified manuscripts relating to schools.
- (1). Quincy, Edmund, 1703-1788. A.L.s. to Thomas Samuel Sewall; Lancaster, 11 Nov 1777. 1s.(4p.)
- (2). Sewall, A. H. A.L.s. to [ ] Sewall; Boston, 15 Mar [n.d.]. 1s.(2p.)
- (3). Sewall, F. E. A.L.s. to [ ]; Boston, 21 Dec 1855. 2s.(5p.)
Concerning Louisa May Alcott.
- (4). Sewall, Joseph S. A.L.s. to [Mary Sewall]; Saint Paul, 19 Apr 1863. 1s.(4p.)
- (5). Sewall, Joseph S. A.L.s. to Hannah [ ]; [n.p.] 18 Sep 1904. 1s.(2p.)
- (6). Sewall, Mary. A.L.s. to Lucy E. Sewall; St. Paul, 22 Mar 1874. 1s.(4p.)
- (7). Sewall, Mary R 2 letters to Lucy E. Sewall: A.L.s.; Boston, 17 Nov 1862. 1s.(4p.)
A.L.s.; same, 26 Jun 1863. 1s.(4p.)
- (8). Sewall, Mary R. A.L.s. to [ ]; Boston, 1 Jan 1856. 1s.(4p.)
- (9). Sewall, Thomas R. 2 letters to [ ] Sewall:
- A.L.s.; Marblehead, 28 Sep 1802. 1s.(1p.)
- A.L.s.; [n.p.] 29 Jul 1804. 1s.(2p.)
- (10). [Unidentified]. A.L.s. to Louise [ ]; Boston, 27 Oct 1867. 1s.(4p.)
- (11). [Unidentified]. Questions by a teacher... MS.; [n.p.,n.d.]. 2s.(5p.)
- (12). [Unidentified]. [Plan for school system]. MS.; [n.p.,n.d.]. 2s.(6p.)