MS Am 1892.17
Cummings, E. E. (Edward Estlin), 1894-1962. E. E. Cummings additional papers, 1922-1955:
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 1892.17
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Cummings, E. E. (Edward Estlin), 1894-1962.
Title: E. E. Cummings additional papers,
Date(s): 1922-1955 and undated.
Quantity: 1 collection (1 box (.5 linear ft.)
Abstract: Primarily drawings and photographs as well as poems and notes by the American poet
E. E. Cummings.
*77M-66. Purchased with the Amy Lowell fund from Mrs. Edward Estlin Cummings, 4 Patchin Place, New York, New York; received: 1972 January.
Purchased together with *67M-150.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
E. E. Cummings Additional Papers, 1922-1955 (MS Am 1892.17). Houghton Library, Harvard
Cummings was an American poet.
Contains autograph manuscript notes and poems, drawings, self-portrait sketches, photographs,
ephemera, and clippings.
- (1). Cummings, Edward Estlin, 1894-1962. [Notes on] Argentine lore. A.MS.; [n.p., n.d.]. 2s.(3p.)
- (2). Cummings, Edward Estlin, 1894-1962. [Notes; king and child]. TS. and A.MS.; New York [n.d.]. 4s.(5p.)
- (3). Cummings, Edward Estlin, 1894-1962. [Drawing of the accident that killed Edward Cummings]; [n.p., n.d.]. 1s.(2p.)
Possibly by Cummings; includes annotations in his hand.
- (4). Cummings, Edward Estlin, 1894-1962. [Envelope] with A.MS. annotations; [n.p., n.d.]. 1s.(1p.)
- (5). Broom; an international magazine of the arts. Rome. T.L.s. (by Harold A. Loeb) to Edward Estlin Cummings; Rome, 25 Apr 1922. 1s.(2p.)
Includes a drawing by Cummings on verso.
- (10). Ephemera. Includes photocopies of letters by E.E. Cummings to Polly Scribner Ames and a record of interments at the Forest Hills Cemetery, Boston, showing locations of graves of E.E. Cummings and members of his family.
- (11-77). Cummings, Edward Estlin, 1894-1962. [Drawings].
67 drawings as follows:
- (11-28) 18 self-portraits in pencil, charcoal, pen and ink and watercolor; [n.p.,
- (29-37) 9 portraits and sketches in pencil and in pen and ink; [n.p., n.d.]. Includes portraits of Scofield Thayer, Nancy Andrews and Edward Pierce Nagle.
- (38-75) 38 self portraits in pencil; [n.p.] 1926-1955 & [n.d.].
- (76-77) 2 watercolor portraits; [n.p., n.d.]. Of Diana Barton and Morris Robert Werner.
- (78). Photographs: 1 photographs album; Joy Farm, 1930's.
- (79-109). 31 loose photographs.