MS Eng 1112-112.7
MacDonald, George, 1824-1905. George MacDonald papers: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Eng 1112-112.7
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: MacDonald, George, 1824-1905.
Title: George MacDonald papers,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 linear foot (8 volumes)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Manuscripts of the novels and other papers of British poet and novelist George MacDonald.
*59M-65-*59M-74F. Purchased with the Amy Lowell Fund from R.A. Brimmell, Hampton Hill, Middlesex; received: 1959 August and October.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
George MacDonald Papers (MS Eng 1112-1112.7). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
MacDonald was British poet and novelist.
Arranged in accession number order.
Includes manuscripts of the novels The Seaboard Parish and Wilfrid Cumbermede, together with poems and shorter writings. Also includes 30 pen drawings by Arthur Hughes for a 1905 edition of MacDonald's Phantastes and a scrapbook of manuscript and printed poems by MacDonald collected by his son Greville MacDonald.
- MS Eng 1112. MacDonald, George, 1824-1905. The seaboard parish. A.MS. (unsigned); [n.p., 1868] 926s. (959p.)
Printer's copy for publication in Sunday Magazine.
- MS Eng 1112.1. MacDonald, George, 1824-1905. Wilfrid Cumbermede. A.MS. (unsigned); [n.p., 1872] 569s.(617p.)
- MS Eng 1112.2. MacDonald, George, 1824-1905. The light princess. A.MS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 1 scroll.
Sheets pasted together into a continuous strip by the author.
- MS Eng 1112.4. MacDonald, George, 1824-1905. The little girl that had no tongue. A.MS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 8s.(7p.)
- MS Eng 1112.5. MacDonald, George, 1824-1905. Robin redbreasts. A.MS. (unsigned); [n.p., n.d.] 15s. (17p.)
- MS Eng 1112.6. Miscellaneous manuscripts. 1 case.
Includes the following:
- MacDonald, George, 1824-1905. [Poems: Between darkness and dawn; Phoebe Daryl; The snake's feast; Rocking and talking;
Four years] A.MS. and MS. (unidentified hand); [n.p., n.d.] 11f.(14p.) *59M-71
- [Miscellaneous scraps, by other hands, concerning MacDonald] 8 pieces. *59M-72
- MacDonald, Louisa (Powell). A.L.s. to George [MacDonald]; [n.p.] 1 Mar [1851?] 1s.(4p.) Her last letter before marrying MacDonald. *59M-73
- MS Eng 1112.7. MacDonald, George, 1824-1905. First-fruits and fragments . . . A.MS.s.; [v.p., v.d.] 72f.pf
Scrapbook of MS. and printed poems by MacDonald, collected by his son Greville MacDonald.